Chapter 9

Hello, it's me Light!!! :D hope you enjoy the chapter! ^_^

__________________________

Isobel and I got out of the truck. It was evening already. I stretched in relief trying not to remember the long way here.

"We going to a hotel?" I murmured.

"Yea" Isobel replies.

We get a key to room 303 on floor 5. As soon as we get in the room I drop my stuff on the floor and plop on one of the two beds.

I was asleep instantly.

Kurapika POV

"JANIE?!" I yell searching around the apartment. Where the hell could have she gone?! 'Maybe the school' I think to myself heading out the door.

When I got to the school there was cops surrounding the area. 'What happened?!'

I use Zetsu and sneak inside. Every student I could remember was dead. A lot of them had died in unpleasant ways.

There was no sign of Janie.. Or for that matter Isobel. Maybe they had gone together somewhere.

I rub my head from the tension. I don't have time to search! Today was when I was supposed to head back to the Nostarades.

Janie POV

"Wha???" I mumble in my sleep. I swear I could feel something touching me. I jerk awake and realize Rythem was standing over me. "What the. What are you doing?!" I whisper.

"Checking on you!" Rythem replies.

"You followed me.."

"So? I have something to tell you.. Meet me in the restaurant in the lobby tomorrow at noon!" She demands.

"Okay, just let me sleep.. Please" I say yawning.

"Janie? Who are you talking too?" Isobel says.

I watched Rythem disappear in the shadows. "Uh.. Jinx! I say grabbing my stuffed rabbit from under my pillow.." I am so busted.. But my mom gave this to me!

"A teddy bear?"

"Yep"

"You're crazy.." She laughs.

~At the restaurant~

"I am here Rythem! Now what did you need to tell me?" I ask sitting down at the table.

"Your fathers not dead.. I know who he is.. You won't like the answer! It's also the answer to why he was never home.. Except that odd day once a year.." Rythem says.

"I barely remember what he looks like.." I reply "now who is he?"

"You know the Kurta clan was murdered by a bunch of class A thieves right?'

"Yup.. Why?"

"The leader is your father"

I stare at her. "How would you know?!"

"Because.. Watch closely!" She orders. Her shape starts morphing into what looked like my mother.

She had blonde hair, blue eyes and a plumper shape.

"Wait.. What?!"

"The explosion was your fathers doing... He was angry.. He never did why..."

"Why didn't you just tell me earlier?"

"I had to earn your trust first or you probably wouldn't believe me!"

"Are you still teaching me Nen?!"

"That's all you care about?!" She laughs.

"Yea.. I wanna be strong.. I will prove to Kurapika I can take care of myself!"

"Why? Did he say something?'"

"No! I am just so clumsy.. He is usually there for me but I wanna be able to help myself!!"

"Ah, I see!" My mom says.

"Well i will see you later! Bye" I say waving. I didn't wait for her to say goodbye.