~ Chapter 3: Wolf Moon ~

So I didn't find the inhaler, as I made my way back to my brother and Scott I was overcome by the most amazing scent in my life. Whatever it was smelt like chocolate mixed with freshly cut grass. I shook my head to clear it when I saw the boys talking to someone "Stiles" I called over to him. Scott and Stiles both looked at me as I made my way over to them so I was standing in-between them. I looked up and saw this guy staring at me I tilted my head to the side a little as we made eye contact and then he just walked away just like that "erm guys who was that."

"That my dear sister was Derek Hale," I recognised the name but I just couldn't place it "you two remember right, he's only like a few years older than us."

"Remember what?" Scott asked. 

"His family they all burned to death in a fire like 10 years ago" oh my god I remember now, I remember dad always being out of the house trying to find who did it, but they never did. But then I thought about how it must of felt to lose your whole family, to be alone. And I felt so sad for him, a sadness that I hadn't felt since my mom died.

"I wonder what he's doing back" Scott asked.

"No idea" I mumbled "hey did either of you smell that."

"Smell what" Stiles asked.

"It smelt it chocolate and freshly cut grass" I explained. They both looked at me like I was crazy "Ok then never mind, come on lets just go."

We started walking back to the jeep "hey Mia you working tonight," me and Scott both work at the animal clinic in town I got the job because Dr Deaton owed a favour to my dad and Scott got the job because I owed him a favour.

"Nope, I'm not doing late tonight, just you" I informed him.

"Great" he sighed I chuckled. After we dropped Scott home me and Stiles headed home, luckily dad wasn't in, he still hadn't given us the talk on invasion of privacy yet.

********************

Finally its friday, today was also the day of the party, which I'm slightly looking forward to more now. I woke up at half 5 I know, I know I'm crazy but every friday morning I go for a run, I got changed in my running kit, tied my hair into a ponytail and went to put my glasses on the only problem being that when I put them on everything was blurry and when I took them off everything was clear. Weird I shrugged it off and left the house and started to run towards the woods.

I was in the middle of the woods when I heard a twig snap and it wasn't me, I stopped running and looked around, I was only person here, I heard another twig snap. Oh hell no I took off sprinting when I was further away I stopped and looked behind. No one was there good, but when I turned back around a guy was standing in front of me, I screamed but stopped when I recognised him, it was the guy from yesterday. Derek Hale.

The amazing scent invaded my senses as stared at me, he didn't say anything he just stared at me until he finally said something "you alright" well that surprised me.

"Er yeah, yeah fine thanks" I let out a nervous laugh.

"Weren't you wearing glasses yesterday" he asked.

"What?"

"Yesterday when you were with those two boys, you had glasses on."