november 15, 2012

C H A P T E R    S E V E N
_______________________
song of the chapter
~Lost In Paradise by Rihanna~
"How was I to know that my love was delusional
Somebody told me how to mend
A broken hearted soul
In love we all we fall but
We fell a little harder
What am I supposed to do with this heart
It may be wrong but it feels right
To be lost in paradise
It may be wrong but it feels right
All my fears are gone tonight
I'm lost in paradise"
__________________________

Selena's POV:
I tried for almost another hour to fall asleep, but I was too caught up in all my emotions for that to be possible.

The worst part was knowing that Justin was literally right down the hall, and I was just laying here, cold and lonely. I know for a fact if I was with him right now, I wouldn't be having trouble falling asleep. If I was there, he would be playing with my hair, rubbing my back and humming me to sleep. But I was here, alone.

I rolled over, checking the time on my phone.

12:56 a.m.

Fuck it, I'm going down there. I wanted to stand my ground, but I was so tired of wasting my time trying to prove a point.

I quietly stepped down the hall and stood in front of his door, deciding whether or not to go in.

If I go, I give in and I allow him to think it's okay to do what he did. But, if I don't, I might never be able to sleep at night.

I sighed before lightly tapping my knuckles on the door, praying my mom wouldn't hear.

I heard some shuffling and figured he was awake so I stepped inside. His head darted over to me right when I saw him, and I noticed he was struggling to close the nightstand drawer next to him. I didn't know what the fuck he was doing with the nightstand, but I figured I'd worry about that later.

"What's up?" He said slow and confused as he stared at me blankly. I didn't know if he would be mad, sad, or guilty that I was standing here, but whatever it was, he still greeted me, which was a good sign.

"Hey," I whispered as I ripped the covers off the other side of the bed.

"That's it?" He said, obviously wanting an explanation for why I was sneaking into bed with him after the dispute we just had.

"What?" I crawled in beside him. Maybe I shouldn't have come over here... bad timing?

"Your mom," He lifted himself up with his elbows, looking over at me.

"I don't care," I said as I dug my face into the pillow next to him.

He faced my back and reached his arm across my stomach, spooning me.

I laid there, in his arms, knowing tonight shouldn't have ended up like this. He hurt me, and I never got the chance to tell him. He deserved to know how badly he broke me. Yet, I didn't do anything because peace with him was all I wanted.

His warmth occupied my thoughts as I looked down towards the end of the bed where his legs slowly curled up beside mine.

Justin leaned in closer, resting his head on my shoulder. "I kissed her." He blurted out.