november 16, 2012

C H A P T E R    E I G H T
__________________________
song of the chapter
~It Will Rain by Bruno Mars~
"keep in mind all the sacrifices I'm making
To keep you by my side
...
I'll never be your mother's favorite
Your daddy can't even look me in the eye
Ooh if I was in their shoes, I'd be doing the same thing
Saying there goes my little girl
Walking with that troublesome guy
But they're just afraid of something they can't understand
Ooh well little darling watch me change their minds"
this song gets me right in the feels
__________________________

Selena's POV:
"Selena Marie," My mother called from her bedroom.

"Yeah?" I raised my voice.

"Can I talk to you for a moment?" It wasn't as much of a question as it was an order.

A huge sigh left my lungs as I got up from my bed and entered the room next to mine: my mom's. "What is it?"

"I never got to discuss the situation I came upon yesterday with you,"

I huffed, crossing my arms. "I don't want to talk about it,"

"Hmm, well I do," She laid in her bed with her reading glasses on, staring at her laptop.

"Don't worry," I began turning around to go back to my room. "He's not gonna be over here again anyways,"

"Nice try," She said harshly, parting her eyes from her laptop. "I was your age too, you know. But,  I don't care how old you are, you need to realize that I only want what's best for you and you are only doing yourself harm when you don't listen." My mom lectured.

"Yeah, yeah," She hadn't even made her point yet and she was already assuming that I wasn't listening. "We're over, so, just," I huffed. "I don't wanna talk about it,"

"Is this a confirmed breakup or a silly fight you like to get yourself worked up over?" Her glasses fell further down her nose and she leaned forward, adjusting herself. "Cause I know you, and what's done for good is never really done for good,"

"It was bad, okay?" I shook my head in disbelief at how insensitive she is. "Just leave it alone, I don't know why you need to have a talk with me anyway; I'm twenty, and it's my house!"

She sighed. "You've got too much on your plate right now to be caught up with him. This isn't coming from the mom side, it's the manager side now because when you two aren't getting along, and it affects your work and in more ways than one. We can't be doing this, honey, you need to put your career first!" She sighed, out of breath. "It just breaks my heart to see you not putting your best self out there all because you're too focused on him rather than the normal responsibilities you have, and I understand that you want to be with him but if this goes on any longer, you could risk your career and I know you don't want that." 

"How? How am I ruining my career you're the one who wanted me to be with him and you did it so I could get more publicity off of it but now you're saying it's gonna ruin my career? You realize that makes no sense right?!" My mother is the biggest hypocrite I've ever known.

I hated that it sounded like I was defending Justin, I was only trying to defend myself.

"You're not getting the point. I just need you to take a break at least. I don't need you near him, he's bound to be the next trainwreck and the last thing I want is for you to be dragged down with him," She raised her eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, well I'll be Justin Bieber's girlfriend or ex-girlfriend, whatever it is, for the rest of my life, don't expect that a break is ever gonna fix anything. I'm not defending him or us or anything but you don't get that it stays the same, whether we're together or not. The funny thing is it's worse when we're apart but yet that's all you want, and sometimes I wonder if it's me or the career you care about!" She really made my blood boil sometimes.