Chapter 2

Tobias POV

I guess I should see Uriah one last time before he dies. I walked into his room in the morning and his mum and Zeke were sitting either side of his bed. They sensed I wanted to be left alone with Uriah, so they stood up and left.

"Uriah I just wanted to say thank you, for all you have done with Tris and she would want to say good bye to." I just stood in silence after that, I have never been one for goodbyes so I struggled to let my words out.

"Good bye Uriah, from me and Tris." I left it at that and walked out of the room, knowing that I would never see Uriah again.

-

Christina had stayed with Tris last night to give me a break and when I went back into her room Christina was asleep in the chair. I lightly shock her shoulder. She woke, squeezed Tris's hand and then walked out the door. I was left with her once again and I knew she could hear me, so I spoke the words I had been thinking.

"Your so brave Tris, for sacrificing yourself for your brother but you don't need to any more. It's all over, everything is over, your safe now and I'm not going to leave you again." I kissed her hand and stayed silent as I watched her in her deep sleep.

Tris POV

I saw my mum as she wanted me to fall into her arms but I couldn't help but think of Tobias and Caleb waiting for me to go back to them. After a while I made my choice and walked towards the place I was meant to be.

As I opened my eyes I saw the light and squirmed to try get away from it, I felt hands trying to settle me down. Then he spoke and I opened my eyes once again to see the face, that I came back to see. It was him, Tobias. He spoke but I couldn't listen because all these people came into my room and fiddled with all the monitors and wires attached to me, one even stabbed a needle into my arm which released something which made the pain go away and then another one in my other arm which made me feel calmer. They walked away after about 5 minutes leaving me again with Tobias. He hugged me carefully, and I tried to put my arms around him to.

"I'm glad your back, I love you Tris and I can't imagine you not being here." He kissed my hand and then Christina walked in.

"Omg your awake Tris, I missed you." She came up and hugged me as well. I had tears in my eyes but they wouldn't come out.

"I missed you guys to, and Tobias," I squeezed his hand."I love you to." He leaned in and kissed me then pulled away and wiped the tears that had finally come out of my eyes.

"Rest Tris." He said and sat down next to my bed, I feel asleep and was relieved I was back where I wanted to be.