Chapter 6

Tris POV

Caleb and I were silent on the way there, but I really didn't know what to say. He still had the photo in his hands and I felt so bad that I would have to take it off him soon cause I needed it to.

"We can copy the photo if you like, so we both have one." I was staring at the road driving, while waiting for an answer.

"No it's okay, the original is the only one with meaning, you can have it back later I just need to look it at a bit longer." I nodded and understood what he was getting at.

"Beatrice is it bad that I forgot what they looked like till you showed me this?" I took my eyes of the road for a split second and saw the tears again gathering in the corners of his eyes.

"No it's not bad, I forgot as well."

The rest of the car trip was very quiet and the silence almost made me cry. So relief filled me when I pulled into the cemetery although I was scared as to how this would go. I got out of the car and walked to mum and dad's head stones, they were at the end of a row of head stones, a little further away from others. This was because my dad was on the council and they both died saying loved ones. Caleb had followed me and we now stood in front of the memory of our parents with tears streaming down both our faces. Caleb wasn't going to say anything so I did...

"The family is back together now, although you aren't physically with us mum and dad you are still in our hearts and that's never going to change. I thought it was about time we come together as a family again and say our goodbyes without distractions, mess and other people. So hear goes.....mum, dad I love you guys so much and we all miss you just as much, but I want to say thank you for saving my life and all the other lives you saved in abnegation. Seeing both of your lives float away was the most difficult thing I've ever been through."

I stopped and choked on tears as the memories flooded back, Caleb noticed this cause he put his arm around and waited for me to continue.

"Mum when you were lying there in front of me, I couldn't keep going I was going to give up then and there but your sacrifice made me continue, because I knew you had died to save me, I had to keep myself alive. Breaking the news to everyone was hard and guilt washed over me, but after that we were all determined to fight back and not let them win the war. That's when dad came in."

I had to stop again and this time Caleb continued for me.

"Dad you fought so hard for us and for mum, and me and Beatrice now realise why you sacrificed yourself for us. You knew we could make it and win, and the fought of dying didn't cross your mind because you would be with mum and you would be leaving us doing great things and making our lives better. They weren't better for awhile, it was terrible losing both parents, it tore our hearts to pieces. But we had each other."

Caleb pulled me closer, and at this moment we were both crying.

"We had our friends, who are now our family. Mum, dad they may be our family now, but you still our and no one will ever replace you. You've touched everyone's lives and Beatrice and I are proud to day that you are our parents. We love you so much and miss you so much, but it's about time I finally say this....goodbye."

I touched the birds on my collarbone and said 'goodbye', then we just stood there together for another 30 minutes just listening to the silence and occasional sobs, until it got dark and we quietly went home.

(Author note: sorry for the really sad chapter it had to be done, the next one will be happy though :) thanks guys please vote and comment so I can continue xx)