Chapter 24. Wayzz

Trixx's POV

NO. 

Then he disappeared, engulfed in the big black mess. Without thinking, I immediately dove into it with him, my hands desperately clawing for him as a shiver ran down my spine. My throat was suffocating, as if someone was choking me slowly and I could feel my blood being stifled. I froze, unable to do anything, my mouth gaping in pain. 

Then I was sucked into nihilism. 

I gasped in air, relieved I was still alive. 

Then I felt myself being choked again. 

I couldn't tear my eyes away from the gigantic ball of green flames erupting in the core of the nihilism. The pitch black darkness seemed to swirl around the mass of emerald, avoiding it, fearful of it. 

"The core," I whispered. I swam forward, ignoring the blazing heat, trying to get closer to Wayzz. 

A ripple of emotions shot through me. It was short-lived but I felt everything I had to. Pain. Agony. Regret. Sorrow. And last but not the least, madness. It channeled me to the point of destroying my physical. 

"You think you can save him?" whispered a raspy voice that echoed in my mind. 

"You think I can't?" I choked out, clutching my throat desperately. "Let me remind you, I'm Trixx. Nothing has ever stopped me before." 

"And this is Wayzz," crackled the nightmare. "The untouchable." 

"Shut all your holes before I shove a sword in them," I growled. "I am getting back my Wayzz, whatever it takes. Without him, there's no point in life." 

It was a risk, of course. If I lost here, I don't have an essence to retract. Both of our essence would collide and probably explode away. But you know the bright side? I would still be with Wayzz. And that's what it counts for me. 

I heard Wayzz's scream as the mass of darkness increased. 

"Let him go!" I yelled through the thick air as I lunged myself into the core. A million different memories hit me all at once, a flash of traumas and significant memories rippling through my veins in a split second. I gulped as I dug deeper into the black ball of darkness. 

"You think he would be happy with you?" the serpent whispered again. 

"I can assure you, I would give him beyond happiness," I said, my voice cracking and tears streaming. "At least, I wish." 

"You're selfish. You only want him for your own happiness." 

"No, I don't, Iㅡ" 

"Admit it, you do. You are more cunning than most humans yet more clumsy. The worst combination of a Kwami, don't you think? You're like a dysfunctional one. A mistake."