Horror strikes Part 99

"Where are you?" Paul's voice asked anxiously when Gregory answered his phone.

"On my way home from the bus stop."

"What's your address, and how do I get there from the highway?"

"Turner road, turn left, about one kilometer no 180 on the right side of the road.  You'll see the church first.  I'll wait there for you."

He wanted to ask what's wrong, but he thought it's better for his friend to concentrate on the road.  They can talk when he shows up.  The next moment Linette was in his arms and he hugged and kissed her.

"I missed you so much, what's wrong, what's bothering you?"   She asked as she noticed the concerned look on his face.

"Paul is on his way here and he sounded as if he is in trouble.  Here he is already."

Paul stopped the car and ran towards Gregory.   "They're all hacked to death, they're all dead."   He blurted out in agony.

"Who?"  Gregory asked with a knot in his stomach as it dawns on him that it must be his whole family.

Paul's eyes filled with tears and his under lip quivered as he whispered: "My mom, my dad, and Tammy."

"Oh my God!" Gregory cried and bear-hugged him.

Linette joined the hug and whispered: "I'm so sorry, I know the pain, but it's so much worse than mine."

Silent tears were flowing as they held each other in a group hug, sharing their pain. "Dear God, help us through this dark tunnel, give us the strength and comfort us, we can't do it on our own.   We need your guidance and protection.  Show us how to be there for our friend.  Amen."  Gregory prayed.

"Thank you," Paul whispered through the tears.

"Let's go inside, then you can tell us what happened." Gregory invited.

Father John was pleased to see Gregory and smiled at Linette.   Gregory introduced him to Paul and told him briefly what happened.

"Sit down I'll make us a nice pot of tea." Father John offered.

"I'll bring the tray with the cups," Linette offered.

"When I arrived home from school, I nearly tripped over her body.  Tammy was lying there covered in her own blood."   His whole body started shaking as his sobs torn through it.

Gregory shook his head in disbelieve, while the tears flow freely down his cheeks:   "What kind of monsters do this to an innocent child?"

"Then I saw my mom, she was lying in an awkward position all covered in blood.  My dad's hands were tied behind his back and his head was covered in blood."  He shuddered.  "It was so hard to phone the police and I asked them to phone the ambulance.  They all arrived at the same time.  All of them were declared dead and the police took over for the investigation.  I'm not allowed to stay there, so I came here."  Paul said sipping on the hot tea.

"You can stay here as long as you need to, I'm sure Gregory will be pleased to share his room with you." Father John offered.

"Sure, we're already roomies  Gregory squeezed his arm and gave him an encouraging smile through his own tears, while Linette nodded.

There was a knock at the door and Father John opened to Thea, who shoved a whole dish of lasagna into his hands.  "I learned that you are in need of dinner for a few people."  She said and waved at Gregory.

"Thanks, Aunt Thea, that's kind of you."

"It's Linette's special treat for you and she organized it.  Enjoy it."  She said and waved as she said goodbye.

"Thank you, my Green-eyed lily." He smiled as he met Linette's eyes.