Content Part 97

"How did the harvesting go?"  Gregory asked when Paul entered their room.

"Well, except for me that is desperately in need of a holiday, it went perfectly well, at least better than I expected.  My dad even told me that he is proud of me.  He did well, better than he expected."

"That's good news, I'm glad for him and for you, both of you deserve it."

"Thanks, though I can do with some rest now.  How did your gardening go?"

"Well, I did two gardens a day and made nearly two grans in eighteen days."

"Wow, that's awesome, and what about Linette?  Did you even spend some time together?"

"Yes, I started at eight o'clock and finished at three, that gave us plenty of time in the afternoons and evenings and we started every day with horse riding, as we do here."

"You sure know how to butter your bread on both sides, poor Theresa had to be happy with the lunch breaks and dinner together in the evenings, but she said she is proud of me and made me nice lunches,"  Paul answered.

"That's good, she knows what you need and that's important.  Linette also tried out some new recipes, and I must say I enjoyed that."

"So, except for the lots of schoolwork and two or three rugby matches, this term should be a nice break from the hard work, and then I will be able to plant my own land."

"That must be exciting, I'm going to try my best to be able to do the same next year."

"The term went so quickly and the rugby matches were really good, now I'm ready for the planting, we're lucky we had some good rains so there's nothing to wait for,"  Paul said on the Thursday before the last school day of the third term.

"You're sounding like a real farmer these days."  Gregory chuckled. 

"What shall I say, I am a real farmer, or did you forget I'm planting my own land."  He grinned.

"How could I forget something that important?"  Gregory laughed.  "So good luck with the planting, this time the gardens will also be much more fun because it's springtime."

"Have fun, I'm going to enjoy myself," Paul said as he high fived Gregory.

This time Linette waited on their favorite bench when Gregory arrived.  "Hey, you're shivering, let's go inside, you should have brought a jacket.  I'll lend you one of mine."  He pulled her into a tight hug and kissed her tenderly.

"It was such a nice warm spring day, but the breeze is chilly now.  I've been so excited to see you, I didn't even think of a jacket."  She laughed and side hugged him.

He put his arm around her and walked her to the house.  "We'll sort that out quickly."

Father John was pleased to see him and told him that some of his gardening clients asked for him and wanted him to help them making beds for their summer annuals.

Gregory and Linette enjoyed a fun-filled holiday with their friends Bruce and Anne and Christa and Jake.  Then there were the special visits to Jessica and her family.  The gardening was a breeze, compared with the winter clean up of the previous holiday.

When he and Linette had to say goodbye on the last Sunday, before school started, he felt good and content.  "I'm holding my green-eyed lily in my arms and I never felt better in my whole life.  You'll never know how much it means to me to know that you're waiting here for me."  He said as he kissed her tenderly.  "You are one special lady."

"And you are one special boy, working so hard to rent that piece of land. I just wondered if there will be enough space for me to start a riding school."

"Well, that's something to keep in mind, there has to be enough space, I'm not planning to live there on my own."

"Are you asking me to marry you?  She said with a twinkle in her eyes.

"I'm surely planning to ask you as soon as I can afford the ring."  He laughed and hugged her tight before he kissed her goodbye.  "Just remember I love you."

"Don't forget I love you more."  She said and blew him a kiss as he got onto the bus.