아홉 (nine)

The next day, I woke up at around twelve o'clock noon, as it was Saturday. I stretched my body and I was feeling so relieved. Until I remembered the day before. Suddenly, anxiousness conquered my whole body and I felt like I couldn't breathe. I was devastated. My eyes were red and there were dried tears on my face. I checked on my phone for any notifications when I realized what day it was. I jumped off my bed and started walking up and down the room. It was his birthday. I had to be with him at that special day. But I couldn't. I headed downstairs but my parents were nowhere. There was a note stuck on the fridge. They had to be away for work. I sighed. It was so rare for me and my parents to enjoy a normal weekend all together. I made my breakfast and I sat lonely and sad on the table staring at the white walls of the kitchen. I had to be there with him when he celebrated. But I couldn't.

   It was past five o'clock in the afternoon and my parents hadn't arrived yet. I realized I did enjoy being alone in the house. I could listen to music loudly, eat whatever I wanted and cry for as long as I wanted. I was writing down some lyrics for a song I would never sing when I heard a knock on the door. I was hoping it would be Y/F/N, but she had to study. Something I had to do too, but nevermind... I walked slowly to the door and I touched the knob. I took a deep breath and tried to not show how bad I was feeling. I opened the door and I stood there frozen, not believing in my eyes. Jimin was standing there holding a pink box. He smiled nervously at me and I gulped. I didn't know what to say. "Jimin...-". "Hey Y/N". He interrupted me and his cheeks turned red. I couldn't move or think. I was just standing there gazing at the beautiful view. "Can I come in?". He said and giggled awkwardly. I nodded and he walked closer. He moved right past me and I died smelling his perfect perfume. He sat on the couch and looked at me, waiting to go and sit with him. I moved slowly to his direction and I sat next to him, with trembling body. He came closer and kissed me on the cheek. What was that for? I widened my eyes and stood up. "What do you think you're doing Jimin? You freaking not talk to me for ages and now you suddenly come back and do this? Do you think I'm going to forgive you so easily?". I said panicked. He stood up and grabbed me by the arms. "Y/N. Please calm down and let me explain". He said and pushed me softly back on the couch. I couldn't wait to hear what he had to say. "Well, those past weeks were really hard for us. The reason I wasn't texting or talking to you, wasn't because I forgot about you. But... the company didn't let us be involved in relationships and girl-stuff. Sometimes, they would check my messages for anything that could have to do with a girl. That's why...". He said and looked down. "So, you couldn't even skype with me?". I said, still not believing in him. "Y/N, we have a really strict schedule. Even if I wanted to contact you. I wasn't able to". He said with pleading eyes. I wasn't sure if I could forgive him. "But... you always find time for the people you love". I said ready to start crying. "I know! It's not that I didn't have time... I just wasn't allowed". He answered. "So, is it how it's going to be from now on?". I asked and looked into his eyes, making my heart break into billions of pieces, shining because of his love. "No". He said and smiled. I felt my heart warming up. "I'm going to get a new phone number for work and I'm going to keep my private just for you". He said and touched my nose softly. I felt my cheeks turning red. "What's in that box?". I asked and he smiled happily. He opened it and there was a cute pink cake. "Just for you and me". He said and stood up, heading to the kitchen. He returned with two spoons. "Wait!". I said. I brought two candles and he giggled. "Now, it feels right!". I said and I lighted them up, placing them on the cake. I grabbed my phone and took some pictures of Jimin with the cake. "Make a wish". I said and he looked at me skeptically. He blew the candles and put the cake on the table, moving closer to me. "I've missed you". He said and his lips touched mine.