십구 (nineteen)

The next day I woke up with an awful headache. I had some breakfast and headed straight to work. I was working part-time at a cafe shop, while I was finishing my studies. I had moved in on my own and I was about to start a new life. I arrived quite late at work but fortunately, he hadn't had many customers yet. It was really early. "You attended their concert, haven't you". My co-worker and uni-friend told me, which made me giggle. I had told her all about Jimin and she couldn't believe I was his ex. Her name was Jennie and she wanted to become a trainee. But she had passed the age limit, unfortunately. "Are you okay, though?". She asked while I quickly headed to the kitchen to heat up some food. "Everything is fine. It's just hard to know that your ex is now becoming a huge idol". I said and tried to laugh at my own situation. Customers started coming in the cafe and we knew we had a lot of work to do.

   I had one hour left at the cafe and I was cleaning some tables. The door opened and a familiar figure walked in. My heart lost its heartbeat for a second. It couldn't be him. He hadn't noticed me yet. He went straight ahead to order a coffee, I guessed. Jennie looked at me running and tried to act like everything was normal. I hid in the kitchen. "One large cappuccino, please". His soft morning voice was softly killing my brain. I wanted so bad to face him, but I just couldn't. "Um, can I ask something, please?". There was his soft voice, again. Jennie mumbled while preparing the coffee. "Is Y/N working here?". He asked as if he and Jennie were friends. How did he know I was working there? Jennie paused for a second. I didn't want to involve her in any of that. I revealed my self and we stood there looking at each other. He tried to smile, but he looked away. "Um, here's your coffee". Jennie said. "You can go if you want". She whispered to me and I thanked her. I took my things and I walked out of the shop, where he was standing. "Jimin". I said and he turned around to face me. He walked closer to me. "Y/N...". He said and smiled. I hugged him tightly. I felt his heart pumping really fast. I had really missed him. I faced him and gazed deep into his eyes. Those famous, haunting eyes. He smiled and gave me a peck on the lips. I felt my whole body vibrating. "Let's go for a walk". He said and I agreed.

   I was talking to him about my university life. About my goals and dreams. "I'm so happy to hear all these". He said. "Jimin, are you coming back?". I asked him not really wanting to hear the answer. And as I expected he nodded negatively. "I see...". It was a sunny day and strangely, no one had noticed Jimin Park, was at the park. "Um, what about the U.S? Would you be-". "No, Jimin... No". I interrupted him and made clear I had no intention of moving in America. "I understand, Y/N". He told me trying to smile. His phone started ringing. He didn't say much to the caller. They ended the phone call. "I have to go back to the hotel. I hope to see you again before I leave". He said and took me by the hand, moving me closer to him. "Jimin, we're not together anymore".I said and pushed him away. His eyes widened and he sarcastically laughed. "I'm sorry". He said and started walking away. "No, Jimin! I didn't mean it like that". I grabbed him by the hand and hugged him tightly. "Just forget it, could you?". He said and disappeared into the crowd. Why was I wrong?