Chapter:2

Trey age: 6 months

My parents didn't come for Thanksgiving even though they both were only children and I have no siblings. My grandparents are both in a nursing home with Alzheimer's and don't know who their children are. I got to spend it with my baby boy though. Same with Christmas now. He's gotten so big since he was born. I took him with me on Christmas Eve to go shopping.

As much as I hate not having family around I love the fact that his father hasn't tried to find me. I found some onesies and footies for Trey before going and getting some more diapers. It didn't take long for me to get the food needed before going to check out. I made a funny face at Trey before remembering I needed more shampoo.

Trey laughed as I made another funny face. I grabbed my shampoo and made one more funny face. Trey's laugh filled the isle. A deep chuckle behind me made me look back. A man stood behind us looking at the Christmas lights. I continued on back to the registers to check out. Before going out I put Trey's jacket on him and wrapped a blanket around him. "Don't want my boy getting sick." I said as we continued out.

We got to my truck and I put the sacked groceries in the floorboards. I picked him up putting him in my jacket to keep him warm as I started my truck before taking the cart to the return. I put him in his car seat before closing the door and getting in myself. I backed out and went home. When I got there I got Trey out first before the groceries. I set him in his playpen before going out.

I started grabbing bags as quickly as I could. "Here let me help you with those." I turned seeing the guy from Walmart. "Are you stalking me?" Was my first question. "No ma'am. I live next door. My family owns the ranch nearby." He said. I stepped back letting him help me with the groceries. "Just set them on the table. I'll put them away as soon as I can." I said going over to Trey knowing he needed a diaper change.

Casey

There is no trace of a man or marriage here. If it's just her and her son then I may have a chance if I ease into their lives without any guy interfering. When she came back with her child I asked if she needed any help with anything around the house. "Not right now. If I do I'll let you know." She said as she set the boy in a bouncer next to the counter.

Out back I could see two horses. "Do you need to check on those two?" I asked. "Shoot." "I can go out and make sure they have access to water and hay if you want to finish here and keep him inside." I offered knowing the little one didn't need to be outside anymore today. "Do you mind?" She asked. "Not at all." I answered. I could already tell she needed a bit of help during the colder months.

"And if you don't mind I'll come and check on them in the morning for you." I said. Even though it's Christmas morning I'll still do it. "If you don't mind." She said. "Nope." I answered before going out. The two horses sniffed of me wondering who I was. I pet both horses and checked their water and hay before petting them one last time. One bumped me as he tried to drink. I patted his rump before heading back in.

"Good night ma'am. And merry Christmas." I said before leaving.

Blake

I watched him from the kitchen window as he pet and checked on the water and hay. I'll have to put a reminder up that they need grain in the morning. He pet them once more before Trix bumped into him trying to get into the water trough. He patted his rump before coming in. I made myself look busy as he said good night and said merry Christmas.

I finished making supper and lunch along with supper for tomorrow night. I ate before giving Trey a bath and putting him in a footie onesie. I got a quick shower and put Trey to bed before going to bed myself.