Chapter:10

A month later

I went out to the mailbox and grabbed the mail. Lost my job thanks to that social worker. Thankfully those parents understand and are still letting me tutor them and paying me a little less than that job was paying me. I looked through the amount of bills and junk mail until I came to a city envelope for me. I opened it immediately. A court order for the custody of Trey. His father was the other person in this. It will determine who gets Trey. The state, me, or his bio father.

I shook my head before going back in. I finished cooking supper as Casey and Trey came in completely muddy from head to toe. "Woah. Nah. Not in the house the both of you." I said. Casey set Trey down. "Sorry honey. I'll take little man here outside to get most of it off the go shower." He said. Trey took Casey's hand as they went back out.

Casey

"Does mama not like mud?" Trey asked me as I helped him pull his shoes off. "She does. She just doesn't want us tracking it in." I said. "Come on, let's get these off and I'll help you get cleaned up." I told him. He nodded following my lead in getting undressed down to underwear. He's almost gotten the concept of potty training down just at night is when he mostly has the accidents. I picked him up and looked inside the house before taking him to my bathroom.

I set him down on the counter washing the brown from my hands before getting a towel and wash rag for him. I set him in the tub and got the removable shower head. I made sure the water was warm enough for him and had him lose the pull-up. He did as I asked especially when I had him hold the wash rag over his eyes. I finished his hair before washing his face and helping him scrub up. I rinsed him off before drying him.

"Your good little man. Go get dressed for mama now. I'm going to shower and be in there in a minute." I told him. He nodded before going. Anyone in town knows how hard I fell for Blake. The ones that think I'm taking them as a charity case is mistakenly wrong. I absolutely love Blake and adore Trey. I finished with my shower and dried off before wrapping the towel around my waist. I looked out the bedroom after dressing before going to the room I put Trey in after the incident.

I made sure all of his night clothes were in the bottom two drawers for easy access and Blake saw it as another step of independence for him. He was dressed in mismatched pjs playing with his little tractors. "All dressed?" I asked him. He looked up and nodded. I picked him up and carried him to the living room where we found Blake sitting in my recliner. "Ready to eat?" I asked her.

Blake

I looked back seeing the men in my life dressed for bed. I got up shrugging. "I guess but your reheating it." I told him. "Fine by me honey." He said before kissing my forehead. "Did you put a pull-up on?" He asked Trey. "Yes sir." Trey responded. The most adorable thing in the world. How do I tell him I may lose him?

After I put him to bed I went and asked Casey if I could talk to him. He went out on the back patio with me. "What's on your mind honey? I know something has been eating at ya." He said. "I've got a court date for the trial." I said. "When is it?" He asked. "Next week, starting Monday. They want to get this over with and I know that social worker will be clawing to get Trey in her grasp." I said.

"The system and that man will never get him. He's done too much wrong and is wanted by police. If he doesn't show, then it will be you against the state. The state will have a hard time proving you guilty of child endangerment since most of the people in town has seen how good you are with him." He said. I nodded as he held me against him. "Don't worry honey. He's getting more than plenty of love and care." He said. I looked up at him. He was looking down at me.

He kissed me chastely before leading me inside. We stayed up a bit longer before going to bed. Casey pulled me flush against him holding me close.