Chapter:1

I rocked my baby boy to sleep as he was calming down. I kissed his head before laying him back in the crib. I went back to my bed and curled up under the covers. The two horses outside meandered around grazing. I went back to sleep watching my boy sleep soundly.

I woke up before him and got my breakfast cooked before he even woke up. Having him at the beginning of the summer was the best time to. I went into the bedroom as he woke up. I picked him up and laid him on the changing table. I put a fresh diaper on him before sticking one in my back pocket and feeding him. I then ate and took him out to the backyard with me. The horses greeted us.

Them both sniffing Trey. I sat him in the blanketed hay pile while I fed and watered both horses before brushing them. I stood in front of the pile making sure both horses knew he was there. I live on the very edge of a ranch property. It's not bad and it's peaceful out here. Hopefully that cowboy that was too drunk to realize he was hurting me doesn't come around.

When I was done I picked Trey up and took him over to the tack shed. I placed him in the bed I had out here and grabbed a saddle. Every morning we go on a trail ride down the road and back. I saddled the older horse before holding my boy in one arm and the horse in the other hand. I led the horse out and mounted. Trey slept through it. I went over the ditch and started down the paved road.

Troop lazily meandered down the road. As we neared the bridge Trey began squirming. I knew what he was wanting I first checked his diaper before feeding him again. This road is so quiet, especially in the morning. I burped him and we continued. It wasn't long until a truck went by. I was able to quiet Trey. He slept until we turned back around.

Thank you for saddle bags. He started crying once more wanting his diaper changed. I pulled the changing pad out and crossed my left leg on the saddle making enough room for me to change him. I stopped my horse as I did so. Troop was use to this. I pulled the wipes out cleaning Trey up and putting the dirty diaper in the trash bag I take with me.

You've got to be an expert to do this. Me on the other hand have done this every single day since he was born a month ago. Once I got the diaper secured I had Troop walking again. Trey slept soundly until we got back home. I dismounted with him and put him on the bed as I untacked Troop. I then took Trey inside with me getting a glass of sweet tea before going to sit on the front porch.

I sat on the porch swing rocking him.

Casey

"Son when are you going to get married?" Mom asked as I stopped by for a visit. "Honey. I wouldn't worry. He's going to find a nice lady one day that will love him just as much as he loves her." Dad said. "It's been six years since his last girlfriend." She said. "That one was just using him." Dad countered. I went back out and decided to head home for the night.

When I arrived home I saw the woman that moved in a month ago. At the time I didn't realize she had a baby until every evening I'd see her sitting outside on the porch swing with the baby in her arms. I kept wondering where the baby's father is because I never see him. I shook my head and went inside to find my supper. She's a beautiful woman, I honestly don't know if she's married or not.

I found my meal for the night ate then got a shower. I try not to fantasize about the beauty that lives next door, tonight and the way she looked in the sunset had me wanting to go up to her and ask.