26

Chapter Twenty-Six | Wildflower
"If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden."
-the secret garden

A few days later...

"Hadley Ashby open this door this instant!" My eyes opened slowly and I stretched unsure if I was only hearing Lyra's voice in a dream. "Hadley! Do you not know what day it is? You better be dressed and ready when you open this door!" She pets and I get up to open the door. She storms in and crosses her arms and taps her foot impatiently like a mother would.

"What's going on?" I asked while rubbing my eyes with one hand and smithing down my hair with the other.

"Your party?! The one I'm planning for you!" She gasped and I looked at her horrified. She seemed to get the message. "Go get in the shower I'll pick out an outfit for you for both running errands and the party." She waved me off and I nodded, shuffling to the shower.

After coming out I saw that laid out was one of my least work shirts, a pair of jeans, and one of my favorite pairs of vans.

This shirt was a strange choice but I didn't have many options

This shirt was a strange choice but I didn't have many options. I changed into it and then applied a quick layer of clear lipgloss and mascara. I also dried my hair because I knew it was gonna be cold. I grabbed a jacket then went to meet Lyra downstairs who was talking to Tai on the couch. "Lyra," I called her and she jumped off the couch clearly startled. "C'mon." She nodded and waved at Tai who barely returned the gesture and turned back to the TV.

"Okay So fist we have to check out the venue then pick up the decorations from the party story and then lastly the food. I'm thinking just a bunch of pizza and a bunch of snacks and some soda and beer." She said and I looked at her with a raised brow as we got into her car.

"Your underage Lyra, how are you planning on getting that?" I asked and she laughed.

"I'm a persuasive woman, Hadley." I nearly barfed. I looked at her with a horrified. She glanced at me then looked disgusted herself. "No! Not like that! Gosh! I have a girlfriend remember?" Lyra she stuck her tongue out and cringed.

"You guys made it official?" She nodded with a wide smile. "That's amazing! I shipped it from the start! Have you told you parents?" My question seemed to startle her as she swerved slightly on the road. The car on the other side of the street and the car behind us honked loudly.

"I most definitely did not! They know nothing. For all they know I'm dating Henry who used to go to school with." Ah, Henry. He moved away two years ago. I felt sorry for Lyra. She was scared to tell her parents. Her parents are very supportive, I find it hard to believe that they would take this badly. But if Lyra wasn't ready it wasn't any of my business.

We pulled into a parking lot that was beside a club. "You rented a club?" I asked her as we got out of the car and headed for the front door.

"This is my uncle's new place." I nodded in understanding and followed her through the building. It looks great. It was spacious, there was a big stage with a DJ booth, a sleek bar, a laminated dance floor and sections that looked like they were reserved for special guests.