Me (C)

Monday
9th of Nov.

Dear You,

Positive. I got the big C. Cancer of the blood or leukemia. The nosebleeding is symptoms aside from fatigue, bruise-like patches in the body and my immune system will shut down eventually then death..if not treated immediately.

This last week was a bit shocking to me of course. At first, I cried a lot and that I was in denial because I'm healthy as a horse. I don't smoke, I don't do drugs, I'm active,  then why do I have cancer?

After days of pondering, I thought that I'll tell the Sisters for advice and prayer. The thought of telling them was hard for me coz they are like my parents. It is much harder to tell Hyun who was like a sister that I've never had. We cried the Sisters, Hyun, and the kids. I want to be honest with them so that they'll understand the changes that will be happening to me.

The Sisters are very saddened by the news and they tell me that they'll pray for my health and that they'll look for some help which is why I'm very grateful.

The doctor told me that my cancer is in its early stage, meaning I can have blood transfusion first then if my condition got worse, we will try chemotherapy or radiation treatment. As for now, I was scheduled to have a blood transfusion starting next week.

Treatment means money. I have been saving money for college and for renting my own room when I'm on my own when I turned 18. But what's the use of college if my condition got worse right?

Yesterday, I cried a lot not because I'm self-pitying but because I was very happy and grateful to have an amazing person beside me.

I was wakened up by the children who got a surprise for me. To my surprise, they let me sit on one of the chairs in the visitation room and each one of them gave me something that they own.

April, Hailey, and Otis each gave me an envelope containing money which they save. At first, I was adamant to refuse their money but one look at Sister Thelma said that I'll just accept their money much to their delight. Next, Steven, Karl, and Dawn gave me a get well soon card and Morgan and Baby Zac a kiss. I was also delighted because Sister Anna tells me that there will be a charity event in the nearest church and the proceeds will be for my treatment. I was so overwhelmed that I cried with happiness. I thank the Lord that even though I lacked the presence of parents still HE gives me the family that I treasured most in my life.

From,
Me