Chapter Eight: Living By Your Voice

Laurent POV
Yesterday was the day I lost my twin brother. I went to sleep the whole day. I was so heartbroken at the fact that my brother died, and so angry at the fact that I caused him to do it. The least I could do is go see him. Sapphire is going to take me because Mama has to go to work.
"Hurry. Saph." I say to her. "I'm coming. You know you have school right?" She asks. "Yes, and I want to be on time. Hurry please." She puts on her shoes and we drive off.
We make it to the hospital and Dr. Brown comes up to us. "Are you ok? You're back, again. Let me see your arm Sa-" He was cut off by Sapphire snapping at him. "Look Cole, we need to go back there to see my little brother. He wants to say a few words to him before he goes to school." I wonder what "Dr. Brown" or "Cole" was to Sapphire. "Ok, he can go back there, but you can't." Sapphire points to Larry's room and tells me to go in.
His room is dark, gloomy, and cold. Almost like..how he felt. "H-hey Larry...I miss you so much. I-I so sorry on how I treat you. I miss how you used to hug me, I miss how you laugh, I miss everything about you. I k-know you're gone, but you will stay in my heart forever. Me no be nasty, but you are my first love, and I love you so much."
*BEEP.....BEEP....BEEP*
Did the monitor come back on?
*BEEP....BEEP...BEEP*
IT DID!!! "Sapphire!! Larry is alive!!!" I start to scream. "You're lyi-" She walked in, and screamed with me. "D-did you m..mean it, Lau?..." His words trembled off, but I understood what he said. "Yes Larry, I meant everything. I love you." His eyes didn't open, but he gave me a nice warm smile. "I..love..Lau..." I smiled back and tears rolled down my face. I was glad to have my brother back.
We then walked out of the room and I went to Dr. Brown. "How did Larry come back alive if he was dead?" I asked with a lot of curiosity. He rises from the desk and says, "He went into a coma, I guess you talking woke him back up." He then turns and gives Sapphire a cold look. "Move around Cole." She walked pass him, and he grabbed her arm. "My name is Dr. Brown at this place. Cole is when we were alone." Sapphire pushes away from him. "Well, Dr. Brown, I could care less about what you do. Just leave me alone, come on Lau." I felt the tension between Sapphire and Dr. Brown, so I told the nurse not to let Dr. Brown be around Larry. Before I left, I gave Cole a mean look, and stole his hot chips. They were good by the way😏.

All day the kids have been coming to me and saying "Hey, I hope you feel better." Like, of course I do! My brother is alive, and I have six bags of hot chips, but mostly, my brother is alive!! Cindy, one of the girls who like Larry, came up to me with a sad face. "H-hey Lau, I hope Lar Bear feels better. Give him this and tell him it was from me.." She looks down, blushes, and runs away. Larry always knew Cindy likes him, but he never talked to her for some strange reason.
It's the end of the day, and I see Larry resting on the couch. "Does Mama know you're here?" He wakes up, and shows me a beautiful bright smile. "No, not yet." I give him the bit teddy bear Cindy had. "Who gave me this?" He started to frown a bit. "Uh, Cindy.. The red hair, blue eye, pr-" Larry hugged the bear tightly. "T-tell her I said thank you..." He almost cried tears of joy. "Was she the only person who gave me something?" I grab the remote and I bluntly said, "Yes." I was tired of everyone coming up to me today, so I decide to carry Larry upstairs. "Let's take a nap, I'm sleepy." He rolls over in his bed, but quickly turns back. "Go give me the teddy bear please.." He's really into this thing, I'll do whatever for him though. I want to show him that I love him. "Here you go." I hand him the big teddy bear, and he lifts up on his elbows, and kisses me on the cheek. "I love you Lau, don't forget that." I felt a chill go down my spine. "You're smiling so hard, Lau." I was? I didn't even notice. "I love you to, Lar." I turn of the light and we sleep.