Zen Zen Zense (6)

It was dark in the auditorium when Mafumafu walked close to the stage. He was still in the back, away from the judging eyes of the audience. Peeling back the curtain just a bit, he scanned the crowd. People had their own conversations. Some annoyed fangirls rolled their eyes as they spoke (probably about Mafu). He shook his head as he turned back around quickly, only to bump into Soraru's chest once again.

"W-Wah! S-Sorry..!" The albino bowed quickly before scurrying away.

Soraru scratched his head as he watched Mafumafu go towards the deeper parts of backstage. They were scheduled to go on after this video the headmaster was showing the students. It was confusing, mostly annoying, at how shy this kid was.

"Hasn't he ever performed before?!" He thought, walked idly to get another drink of water, "Seriously, this is why no one likes freshmen..."

He could hear the lazy applause of the students as he finished another cup of water. Clearing his throat, he looked around for his partner.

"Oi, Mafumafu! We're on!" He yelled to the boy.

Mafu jumped when his name was called. He bowed to Lon and quickly scurried over to Soraru. The two stood there as the headmaster spoke some more.

"I-I'm a little...nervous, hehe..." Soraru heard.

He looked down at the albino. His ears were red as well as his face. He couldn't tell if the blush was from embarrassment or something else. His small stature shook slightly with anxiety, nerves, and doubts. Soraru sighed and placed a hand on Mafumafu's head.

"You'll be fine so...don't worry or anything..." He muttered, taking his gaze to a wall that was far more interesting than this.

Mafu sniffed and look up. Soraru was looking away but his ears were tinted a slight pink.

"You're embarrassing him, Mafu, stop it..." He sniffed again, rubbing his eyes and nodding, "Y-Yeah...thanks~"

The taller man nodded and his hand dropped to the side. Eventually, the announcement was finally made:

"We would love to welcome Soraru and Mafumafu on the stage to sing...Hibana!!"

"This is it...! This is it! Don't mess this up Mafu!" Mafu told himself as he walked onto the stage with Soraru. They stood in place, the lights dim. Lon and him briefly (VERY briefly) discussed an opening plan. Hopefully like she said, it'll blow everyone away.

It was dark. The music started. Mafu took a deep breath.

"WOOOOOAAAAHHHH...!!!" He sang with all his might, a single light shining down on him.

The lights flashed on as he and Soraru danced around, a stupid smile on his face. He forgot how fun and exhilarating this all was.

Konkon yasashiku nokku shite..

Soraru started off, his voice clear, showing no signs of strain. It was beautiful, gorgeous even. Mafu wanted to stop and stare. To be apart of the audience again and just feel his voice hit him.

Saa saa yowane wa myuuto shite...

It was Mafu's turn now. The way he sang, hand on his chest, voice loud and playful. It was powerful yet childish all at the same time as he sang, much different than his soft speaking voice. Soraru was in awe...

He brought the mic to his lips, eyes not leaving Mafumafu.

"Owannai ai o daitetakunai no!" The albino sang, his eyes flickering over to the senior.

"Motto chanto fuan ni shite yo!" The bluenette sang back, almost challenging him.

Mafu's lips quirked up into a smile as he continued, "Nananana..!"

Soraru turned towards him, "Nananana!"

The duo turned towards the audience, "No o karabutta ai no naka de!" They sang in unison as the song ended.

They stood there, panting. The room erupted into applause. Whistling and standing ovations were delivered. Mafumafu stood there, a happy smile on his face and looked at Soraru. His senior had a small, cool and relaxed smile on his face. The two walked off the stage and to the back while the headmaster tried to settle everyone down. They found themselves sitting in the dressing room, downing some water bottles.

Some time later, Amatsuki burst into the room, Kashitarou behind him with a weary smile.

"Oooohhhh Mafu-kun, you did so well!!" Amatsuki praised, hugging his friend's head.

Mafu giggled, "Th-thank you, Amatsuki-kun..~"

The two freshmen talked animatedly with one another as Kashitarou turned to his best friend, "That was really something, you know."

Soraru shrugged, "Leia isn't that hard once you practice enough..."

Kashitarou laughed and shook his head, "Not that! You and Mafumafu-kun. You wouldn't keep your eyes off him you know~"

"Buzz off." Soraru replied, blandly, as he packed up.

His friend brushed back his dirty blonde bangs, "I'm just saying. Some girls in the crowd noticed and were preeettyy pissed."

Soraru scoffed, "Why? Just for looking at someone? That's fucking stupid."

Kashitarou shook his head, "Language. Also, I'm just saying! They'll think anything these days. And...you know girls...you and another guy..."

The bluenette sighed, "He just...he has a nice voice, okay? It was really unexpected coming from him so..."

"So you stared him down till you got the chance to sing with him? Don't think I didn't see that too?" He smirked.

Soraru scowled at his friend and decided to not press this any further. He turned to Mafu, who was now talking to Amatsuki and Lon. The small blonde held Mafu's red leather jacket. The jacket..it brought out those brilliant red eyes so perfectly. Soraru watched him from afar, unsure of his next decision. He watched those bright red eyes dance happily as he talked to his friends. It was almost cute. The senior shook his head and pushed past the group, Kashitarou on his tail.

"Oi, Soraru! Didn't you hear me? We're going to celebrate later, do you want to come?"

Soraru shook his head, "I want to go home and sleep, to be honest."

Kashitarou frowned, "But it's only noon!"

He waved his hand, not bothering to turn around, "I'm tired! Classes don't start till Wednesday so I'm gonna sleep in."

His friend sighed in exasperation and turned back to the two freshmen as Soraru walked on. People ogled and stared at the senior. He played with his bangs, tuning them out.

"I should cut my hair soon.." He thought, ignoring the stares.

It had been like this for a long time for Soraru. He's was more or less of a campus 'celebrity'. Most students came here just to be close to him, causing him to have no interest in people whatsoever. People must've posted more and more videos of him on YouTube. Luckily, he wore masks to purposefully cover his face. Somehow, girls (and guys) still found him 'incredibly attractive'. He sighed.

It was all so stupid, honestly. He didn't care about the 'fame' he had. He just wanted to make music and be happy. The more he thought about it;

He wouldn't mind making music with Mafumafu.

——————————————————

woo! i think ill be able to get three chapters out like i wanted. tomorrow is mafu's birthday aaaa. ill post(hopefully) a celebratory drawing on instagram and in the next chapter of course (lol)

q: n'yall have any utaites you wanna see in the story?