Zen Zen Zense (20)

EDIT!!!: unpublished bc im inconsistent and i needed to rewrite soraru's part abt being gay hhh

By the time Mafumafu had gotten back from the bathroom, Ban had finished up his notes. He turned off the PowerPoint as students put their things away and began to work on their own independent work. Mafu sighed as he walked to his seat. He was never the type to ditch in the middle of class but now, that option looked just fine. He pulled out his headphones and phone, shuffled through a few songs on NND and proceeded to text Soraru.

Mafumafu:
Soraru-san?

Soraru:
Hm? Are you okay?

Mafumafu:
Yes, I'm fine. Just bored.

Mafu saw the three dots come up before the disappeared again. He raised an eyebrow in confusion but thought nothing of it. He got out his songbook and flipped to a random page. He was sure that there was an unfinished song somewhere and true to his thoughts, there was. Music notes and words danced across the page only to stop abruptly to ruin the beautiful pattern. He remembered writing this song some time ago, before he was even enrolled here. It was a slow love ballad. He remembered why he couldn't finish it. He was lonely. He was a ball of loneliness. He thought he could get his spirits lifted if he wrote a song about being in love. The fantasy of loving someone.

He ended up dropping it after a week.

He sighed, writing music was never easy for him. Song bursts always came and went, never staying for long. It was a pain, never being able to write for too long. When he thought about it though, writing that song for Soraru wasn't all that hard. It was rather easy in fact, when he had the bluenette on his mind.

When he thought about that, he realized that he really did love Soraru.

And that made it easier to smile.

The albino smiled a small smile before someone tapped on his shoulder. He jumped as he took out one of his earbuds.

"Y-Yes?"

The stranger pointed at the door, "Someone is here for you."

Mafu blinked and looked over at the door. He could see that dark blue hair peaking through the doorway. A smile crept on his face as he nodded and walked out of his seat to go see what his boyfriend wanted.

"I didn't think you'd come...I thought you'd just text me..~" The albino bit his lip to conceal a smile.

The bluenette shrugged, "I got worried. Wanna get outta here? It's independent work time so.."

Mafumafu smiled happily as he nodded. He quickly packed his things and met Soraru down at the doorway. As much as they wanted to intertwine their hands, they knew better. The two decided against it. The albino was the first to initiate conversation.

"Ban-san wants us to perform at the winter competition." He sighed out, the bitter cold air hitting him once Soraru opened the door.

"Eh? You're joking, right?" Soraru laughed out.

Though, Mafu shook his head, "I wish. He put me on the spot so suddenly so I said yes..."

The senior sighed loudly as he sat on a bench, raising his arm to leave a spot for his boyfriend who happily took it, "Jeez, Mafu...do you wanna do it?"

Mafumafu sat and thought about it before nodding slowly, "M-Mhm. I like singing with you, Soraru-san. As long as I can be with you, I'm willing to do anything~ ...e-except kill someone! I'd never do that!"