Zen Zen Zense (11)

A week had passed since then and the day of the performance was finally upon them. Mafumafu gripped his water bottle tightly. Seniors bustled past him, trying to get their costumes on for their project performance. Even Mafumafu was given a makeover by Lon (seeing as he was going to duet with Soraru). So now, he waited in a dressing room, trying to prepare himself and waiting for Soraru to show up.

Mafu's bounced his knee and looked up at the clock. They were scheduled to go last at 8:25, by request of the headmaster. Mafu was okay with that, being first would give him too much anxiety. He took another glance at the clock. It read 8:15.

"Come on, Soraru-san...where are you..?" He whimpered under his breath.

Suddenly, the door burst open. The bluenette rushed into the room, frantically trying to remove his scarf, "S-Sorry I'm late..!" He panted as Lon rushed in behind him, all dressed up for her own performance.

"Dammit, Soraru! I've gotta go soon!" She complained, opening her makeup kit.

"Don't worry. Just do my makeup and Mafumafu-kun can help me with the rest." He grinned at the albino, trying to remove his jacket next.

Mafu could only stare at the scene. He stared at Soraru, who was trying to not grin as Lon prepped his face. He looked at Lon, the blonde was aggravated at the fact she was doing this minutes before her performance and kept yelling at the bluenette to 'stay still!'

Mafumafu felt overwhelmed. He never thought he'd be here, like this. Backstage, getting ready for a performance and having the closing act. He never thought he'd make it this far to see the silliness of backstage. He all of a sudden felt himself hug his friend from behind, causing Soraru to jump slightly in surprise.

"You're a big dummy, Soraru-san...I thought you wouldn't show!" He whined.

Soraru stared at Mafu, unsure of his next action. A small smile found itself on his face as he rubbed Mafumafu's head, "I'm sorry, Mafu-kun. I was doing a few touch ups on the mix."

Mafu sniffed and looked up, "I-It won't affect our singing right..?"

Soraru shook his head, turning away from Lon and to face Mafumafu, "No, no. It's not like I want to change the singing anyway. The song is perfect, you did a good job." He praised.

Mafu watched those blue eyes twinkle slightly and felt himself blush. He buried his face in Soraru's shirt, "Thanks...~" he added, sheepishly.

Lon's ahoge twitched as she watched the duo. She grinned and cleared her throat, "Soraru-kun, get back here!"

Oh, she was so in on this.

————————————————

Soraru and Mafumafu stood together backstage. Soraru could already tell that Mafu was nervous without looking at him. He could just feel the aura. He sighed and turned to the boy.

"Mafumafu, stop. You don't need to be so nervous.."

Mafu shrugged, "I-I can't help it. My legs feel like jelly."

Soraru chuckled a little bit, "Well, if you end up running off stage, I'll run with you. I promise."

Mafu stared up at the bluenette with an unreadable expression. Soraru stared back and watched Mafumafu sheepishly raise his pinky, "Promise...?"

Soraru smiles softly, wrapping his own pinky around Mafu's, "I promise."

Mafumafu's smiled up at Soraru, not even bothering to let go of his pinky.

"Now last but not least...Soraru and Mafumafu!!"

It was only now when Mafumafu let go of Soraru's hand, leaving Soraru missing the warmth. The two of them walked on stage, the lights dim. The music started.