Zen Zen Zense (8)

Soraru lied in bed, chewing on a chocolate pocky stick. He tried to write some music earlier but failed miserably and called it a night. He flopped on his bed, grabbed some snacks, and ended up scrolling through Twitter instead of sleeping. But no matter how much he tried to distract himself, his mind kept flickering back to Mafumafu. How he was most definitely crying in the bathroom. Why? He pondered at the thought and groaned aloud.

"So annoying..." He sighed, aggravated.

He threw his blanket off him and dragged himself to the kitchen for more food. The clock on the counter read 2:17 am in bright red letters. Was it already that late?

The bluenette chuckled at the sight of another pair of shoes. He guessed that Amatsuki stayed over for the night. Shaking his head with another chuckle, he slipped on his shoes and jacket and ventured into the Tokyo night. It was chilly, considering it being 2 in the morning and in September. There with still people bustling around. Mostly drunk, some accompanying the intoxicated. A few just coming home from a hard day of work and overtime.

Soraru walked to the local family mart, glad to see that it was open. The large neon sign glowed brightly in the night sky. His ears were delighted with the sound of that familiar chime as he opened the glass door and walked inside. There were very few people in the store. Most of them were young, a few were sketchy. It didn't bother Soraru though. He scanned through the aisles, picking and choosing random junk so he could pull another all nighter.

Now, he was faced with a dilemma; Ramune or Pokari Sweat...

A single bead of sweat ran down his face as he looked between the two. Suddenly, his eyes flickered to the last strawberry ramune on the shelf. Forget the pokari, it never beat the sugary goodness of ramune anyway! He absentmindedly grabbed the soda just as someone else grabbed it.

"Ah, sorry." He deadpanned as the person let go.

"O-Oh, no, it's my fault!" The stranger quickly retrieved their hand.

Soraru's ears twitched as he heard the voice. The person had a hood over their head and a white mask with a drooling kaomoji on it. He blinked. Why did they seem so familiar?

"Um...did you want this?" The bluenette asked.

The stranger shook their head, "No, I— Soraru-san?!" Mafumafu gasped when he took a peek at his senior's face. Ah, that's why.

Soraru sheepishly rubbed his neck, "Hi." He greeted awkwardly.

The freshman removed his hood and lowered his mask, "What are you doing here at this time?"

He shrugged, "I could ask you the same thing."

Mafu shrugged, "I got hungry. I was working on a project my stupid mixing professor gave us. It wasn't hard, just time consuming..."

Soraru chuckled a bit, "Oh, you have Ban-san?"

The albino nodded, his white hair bouncing along with him, "Mhm. He's nice and all but...the class is just really boring. I used to mix songs together so...I know everything we've learned so far."

Soraru nodded as Mafumafu continued their conversation. He made sure to grab the pokari and put it into his basket, he didn't need soda at this time anyway. He noted the slightly bounce Mafumafu's hair had when he said something that excited him. It was...cute? Soraru blinked and shook his head. No way, it wasn't cute. He's a guy after all!

Soraru nodded that resolve to himself as he opened the family mart's door for Mafu. He let out a long drawl of a 'mmmhhmmm' as he walked after the albino.

Mafu pouted, pushing out his bottom lip like a child, "Were you even listening, Soraru-san?"

Soraru shrugged nonchalantly, "More or less."