Zen Zen Zense (4)

"Waah!" Was the small noise that Mafumafu uttered when his back hit his mattress. He was officially exhausted. He had unpacked all his things in this single room of his. Sitting up, he yawned and started removing his clothes. His milky white, unblemished skin was soon covered by a simple white t-shirt with a black cat on it. The albino slipped on his black boxers and lied back down on his twin bed.

He stared at his ceiling. It was a bland color, a simple beige. His room back at home had glow-in-the-dark stars to add a bit of pizazz to it. Closing his eyes, chuckling at his own thoughts, he fell asleep.

(꒪▿꒪)(꒪▿꒪)(꒪▿꒪)(꒪▿꒪)(꒪▿꒪)(꒪▿꒪)(꒪▿꒪)(꒪▿꒪)

The alarm blared into Mafu's ears, ripping him out of his deep sleep. Usually the boy slept in till about 2 in the afternoon. When he checked his alarm, the neon green light read 9:39 am. Groaning, Mafumafu let his head drop back onto his pillow with a soft 'thump'.

He had an orientation this morning. As much as he wanted to attend, the boy was tired. This change certainly wasn't good for him as he felt incredibly tired. Trying to fight the exhaustion, he sat up and stretched and yawned. The albino climbed out and proceeded to get ready the way he usually did. 15 minutes on the toilet (it's mostly just him scrolling on his phone), 2 minutes of brushing his teeth, 20 minutes of finding clothes and changing and another 12 minutes just to take care of that white mane he calls hair.

Pinning his bangs back, he heard his phone ring. He took a peek.

Nii-san would like to FaceTime...

Smiling, the boy answered the phone, "Hello, hello!"

Aiko's face was pressed against the camera, "Hellooo? Little step brother, ya there??"

Mafumafu giggled and nodded, "Yes, Aiko-nii, I'm here!"

Aiko sighed in relief, "Good, you've made it in one piece. Made any friends?"

The albino rummaged around for his headphones, "A few, yes. How's Mafuteru? Have you been feeding him?"

The stepbrother snorted, "Of course I have, I'm not THAT irresponsible!"

Mafu laughed again and picked up his headphones. He stuck one bud into his ear and plugged them into his phone.

"Sure, Aiko-nii, whatever you say!" Mafumafu picked up his messenger bag and opened his dorm room door. He stepped out into the hallway and walked to the packed elevator.

"Hmm, where ya going Mafu-chan? I thought you didn't have class till Wednesday." His older brother asked.

Mafu stood in the corner of the elevator, scrolling through his Twitter.

"Ahh, we have an orientation before all the classes start. Seniors sing and even a few freshmen are chosen from the crowd."

Aiko smiled, "Think you'll be chosen?"

The albino sighed, "It's random, Aiko-nii. My chances are zero to none."

His older brother snorted, "Aw, don't say that! What if you do actually get chosen, hm~?"

He blinked. He hadn't thought about that. What would he sing? He didn't really have anything good that was original in his notebook...it's not like it matters anyway. He wouldn't get chosen, he wouldn't sing.

A small sigh, "I'm not gonna get chosen~"

Aiko sighed as well, "Jeez Mafu, you're not gonna get far with that attitude!"

Mafu playfully rolled his eyes, "I've gotta go, Aiko-nii! I'll call you later, bye~" and he promptly hung up. At that moment, more people stepped into the elevator, making it more stuffed that it was before. Mafumafu groaned silently. He'll just take the stairs if this was going to be the case every time.

Eventually, the elevator doors opened. Students filed out, left and right, talking animatedly amongst themselves. It was here, where the previously confident Mafu wanted to shrivel up and die. He had no idea where he was going, he had no friends. He held back a whimper and walked off the elevator, anxiety raising with every step. He kept his eyes on the floor, not wanting to make any eye contact with anyone.

"Mafu-kun!" He heard.

His ears perked and his head shot up. Soon enough, he saw his friend Amatsuki with Kashitarou. He looked around some more. Soraru was no where to be found. He shrugged it off and walked towards his friend.

"G-Good morning, Amatsuki-kun~" He greeted.

"Mornin'! You're going to the assembly right? Me and Kashi-kun we're just about to go!" The brunet beamed.

Kashitarou nodded, his arm around his boyfriend, "Mhm. Soraru-kun was picked to sing so he's already there. Why don't you join us?"

Mafumafu nodded and the three of them walked to the assembly site. It was packed with students. Mafu made sure to stay by his friends, he didn't want to get swept away in the crowd. After some time, the headmaster walked up on stage. He delivered a small speech, talking about how lucky the students were to be in such a 'pristine and challenging' school. Most students rolled their eyes at that.

"Thank you everyone, for listening. Now, our number one singer shall be singing a single. After that, a freshman will be picked from the crowd to sing with our one and only...Soraru!"

Girls in the crowd squealed. Mafu held his ear, the girls to the right were particularly loud. His gaze went from the girls to the bluenette who walked on stage. His eyes shined up at the older male as a small gasp slipped through his lips. Soraru's eyes were calm, his posture was almost perfect, much different from when Mafu saw him slouching yesterday. The lights dimmed in the auditorium, the music started. It was loud, rock music.

"Ah..." Mafu thought, "Leia?"

He was right. Soon enough, the piano started in the song. And so did Soraru's singing. Mafumafu's eyes widened as Soraru's voice hit his ears. It was an overwhelming wave of...something. His heart fluttered and he wasn't sure why.

Nukumori wo yakitsukete boku wo koroshite..

The third verse passed onto the chorus. Soraru's eyes opened as he continued. He opened his eyes, a quick scan of the crowd. The students were enthralled by his singing. Mafu was captivated. Mafumafu continued to watch in pure amazement, his eyes trying to follow Soraru's gaze.

"LEIAAAAAAA!!" The bluenette sang.

And it was at that moment, that single moment:

Their eyes met.

——————————————————

hello, tako here! wow, the long(?) awaited(??) chapter four of zen zen zense. sorry for the delay! if you read the previous author's note, you'll know why. umm, i will try to update every three(?) days. so like, twice a week lol. wish me luck, let's hope this fic goes a long way!

q: favorite original utaite song?
a: honestly, too many to name