1

Charlotte’s pov

    Currently I was playing with some new dolls my mother had bought me. I was five years old, and the only child in this house. It was...kind of lonely in here. Most of the maids didn’t care about me, the butlers thought I was a pest, and mother and father were away a lot. Usually I was left with a nanny who just wanted money. I didn’t like them. I never did. I set one on fire once, on accident. I wanted to go and help her cook. She screamed at me, unaware of her hair being near the stove and it was set fire. She blamed it on me, calling me evil. Mother fired her the next day. They said they had a surprise for me, but I wasn’t sure what. Maybe a new doll? Or a new nanny? A new toy? I didn’t know.

    “Charlotte!” mother called. I jumped up, dropping the dolls and running to the front stairs.

    “Mother! Father!” I yelled, running over to them. My father laughed, picking me up.

    “How has my little angel been?” He asked. I smiled.

    “Good!” I heard shuffling. I looked over, and behind mother her girl. She had cinnamon like skin, dark gray eyes, and long black hair.

    “Father who’s she!?!” I asked. He put me down.

    “Charlotte, this is Akuma, your new sister. Go on dear, don’t be shy.” she nugged the girl behind her. She slowly left mother, both of us staring at each other. I poked her nose.

    “Boop. Tag, you’re it!” I said, running.

    “Hey!” I heard her yell, and off we ran.

MANY YEARS LATER

I typed on my computer, rapidly finishing the essay I had to do. I cursed the employe that gave it to us. I heard my bedroom door burst open.

“CHARLIE!!!!!!!!!!!”

“AAAAAAH!” I heard a yell and fell off. I heard a laugh.

“DAMMIT AKUMA WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!?” I said rubbing my head.

    “DID YOU HEAR THE NEWS ABOUT THE NEW GAME?!?!”

    “The one that father’s company released?!” I asked.

    “YES!!! HE SAID THAT THERE’S GOING TO BE A SEQUEL OF IT IN A COUPLE OF YEARS!! POSSIBLY EARLIER!!”

    “You would be excited about that” I said. “What’s it even about? I haven’t had time to play it yet.”

    “I SAW THE TRAILER THEY MADE FOR IT!!! IT. LOOKS. AMAZING!!! But I do dislike the fact that they had her cut her hair.”

    “Oh well. My idea.” I said and shrugged.

    “WHAT!?”

    “Yeah, you mad at it, you mad at me.” I said.

    “....you know what this means...”

    “What?” I asked her.

    “CHOKE HOLD!!!”

    “OH HELL NO!” I ran out, bumping into maids and butlers cursing at me.

    “Damn kid, out of the way!” one of them said.

    “I COULD GET YOU FIRED!!” I yelled back.

    “I-...” they just kept walking. It looked like they walked together, like a gang.

    “CHARLOTTE! AKUMA!”