29

A/ N : This chapter is a little long , also it's a little depressing. Read by your own risk.  Excuse any mistakes

I'm hiding what I'm feeling
But I'm tired of holding  this
In my head - Unknown

Tomica sat on her hard concrete floor with legs crossed and a box of Kleenex next to her. She stared at the telephone for the last half hour since she's been crying,  trying to avoid the paranoia that soon to crumbled her on the inside. The days were short, livid and Frail knowing the outcome of the judiciary system.
Just like the tissue paper that sat amongst her one by one, she scratch off her eyeliner with an intent of hurting her eyes even more knowing that tomorrow is the big day for Eric. She feared her life not only because she knew what the community will uphold against them but maybe she would get call to the stand. Something she's has never ever encountered in her seventeen years of living. All because, a simple girl like her started and took matters into her own hands.
She denied all allegations within herself looking at the silent telephone that's connected to the wall. Tomica was sure, and positive that whatever that made Eric snapped was totally outsert that has nothing to do with her.
" It wasn't me who killed him" she whispered repeatedly flipping and tossing the Kleenex in between her index finger with a tear streaming down her face.
" But he's alive " she smiled eagerly wiping the tears away. In order for her not be apart of this criminal act, she needed a lawyer and maybe something a little more to it knowing Eric would pressed in on you for the upcoming future court dates. Tomica picked up her red telephone and decided to call a number she had seen some time ago advertising lawyer services.
" Gloria lawyer Allfred services, how may I assist you today ?"
" Umm hi , -
" Yes how can I help you today ?"
" Well my name is Tomica and I need a lawyer "
" Alright, you sound like a juvenile "
" Yes um well ma'am I really need your services so please I'm willing to do whatever it cost "
" Got you, however I don't speak over the phone on any cases so you'll have to set an appointment so that way we can have a conversation on one on one"
" Sounds great, how about this afternoon?"
" That sounds fantastic. I'll let my assistant help you, have a nice day and thank you for calling"

Tomica stayed a bit longer on the line while picking her finger nails. She wasn't sure how she's going to pay the price but either way she would come up with another plan to scratch that plan Out which is to pay the lawyer. The lawyer office continued to put Tomica on hold
Until a beep interrupted her thoughts.
" Ugh who's calling me right now ?" She mumbled switching the line without a fear until the voice decided to send shivers up on spine.
" Yo Tomica where you at ?" He shouted
" What do you want ?"
" Bitch ain't looking for nothing but I do know that tomorrow's Eric hearing and we need to come up with a plan"
" First of all don't call me bitch cause you weren't calling me that when I was riding you and secondly I'm hiring a lawyer right now " she held the phone in between her shoulder and ears to steady the phone from falling.
" I'm guessing you got that money to pay them liars huh ?"
" Cube, I got no time for this alright ?"
" Whatever you say but we still need to have a conversation with you cause I ain't going no prison for nobody "
" Technically it's not my fault, you was the one that punch Ethan and maybe Ethan told Eric so I'm still technically good "
" Then why your ass calling a lawyer if you have nothing to do with it ?" He held the phone by his ear tilting his head to the side furrowing his eyebrows together.
" I don't have to answer you and it's just in case that call me to the stand"

Tomica could hear Cube huff through the phone, probably thinking she was right but things were going to go down as of tomorrow on national tv.
" I'm guessing I'm right ?"
" Just shut up"
" Cube , please , you putting all your stress on me"
" Ain't nobody stressing but anyway, imma pop up at your place "
" Whatever "
She hang up the call going back on the line.