Chapter 2

Hunter's Point of View

    She wants me to give up my ways... Does she want to get to know me? I stand there frozen as she walks around me to go to class. Logan comes out to drag me to class and asks me why I look like I am trying to do long division in my head. I don't know what to do. Should I stop sleeping around? Should I open up to her? I haven't even opened up to Xavier all the way. The only person who knows what happened is Logan and that's because he was there. I don't want to stop sleeping with girls, it's fun. But then again she will never forgive me if I do. I need time to think about all this. I want her to be my soulmate but not yet, my mom would know exactly what to do in this situation. I tell Logan that I'm gonna skip school to go visit mom.

On my way to the cemetery, I pick up some tiger lilies, mom's favorite. When I get to mom's final resting place I kneel down to give her the flowers. "Mom, it's me, Hunter. I met my soulmate! She is amazing but I don't want a soulmate yet. I don't think she would accept me with everything I've done in my past."

I feel someone touch my shoulder and see Logan standing there with more tiger lilies and Mary Ellen behind him.

"What is she doing here?" I ask through clenched teeth.

"She deserves to know."

"If you don't want me to be here I can leave," she says sweetly.

"No, you can stay," Logan says innocently, "I have to go, but you stay here with Hunter."

"Is that ok with you Hunter?" Mary Ellen asks.

"Yea fine, I guess I have to tell you."

"Only if you want to." Why does she have to be so sweet? It's annoying and wonderful at the same time. She quietly sits down next to me.

"Will you introduce me to her."

"Mary Ellen meet my mother, Mom meet Mary Ellen... This is the girl I was telling you about."

"Hi, ma'am. It's nice to meet you. I'm not sure what Hunter said about me, but I am 17 years old, I go to school with him, my best friend is Xavier, and I am your son's soulmate.... Even if he doesn't want me to be..." I don't think I was supposed to hear the last part. Some inner part of me is telling me to let her know that I do, I want her to be my soulmate, but a bigger part of me is saying that I would never want a soulmate.

"We should go, it looks like it's about to rain," she says, breaking me out of my trance.

"Yea... um... let's go." We both stand up slowly and walk over to my bike.

"Wait! You have a motorcycle?" She looks terrified.

"Yea, why do you look like you shit yourself?" She slaps my arm.

"No cussing! And motorcycles are terrifying!"

"Have you ever ridden one before?" I ask.

"Well no, but it looks scary," she says as she rolls her eyes.

"You will be perfectly safe, I would never endanger you. Xavier would kill me." I see in her eyes that she gave up, I hand her the helmet, and wait for her to get on.

    At first, she was holding onto me with a death grip, but she loosens her grip as we ride. I can hear her scream in joy. I make her happy. I think with a smile.

Please comment and/or vote.