Chapter 16

Hunter's Point of View

Months pass and Mary and I get released from the hospital, we go on more dates, have lots of fun together. It is almost time for graduation, just another week. I plan to propose to her on the stage at the end of the ceremony, I already have permission from her dad and the school, now I just need to talk to Xavier. As I head to Xavier's house I think about exactly what I need to say. I'm nervous as I tap on his door.

"Yes?" Xavier asks as he opens the door.

"Xavier, we need to talk." He looks like he is about to kill me.

"What did you do? Where is she?"

"She is fine," I assure him, "I didn't do anything." He visibly relaxes and invites me into the house.

"Then what do you need?" He asks, walking to the living room.

"Well, I wanted your permission for something. I want to marry her. I want your blessing." His face pales and he tenses up. I watch as he thinks it through. He sighs and relaxes.

"You make her happy.... You have my blessing," he says. I smile brightly.

"Thank you, Xavier. I promise you that she will always be happy." He nods and asks me to leave.

I sit in my room looking at my grandmother's ring, she left it to me when she died. I hope it fits Mary.