Chapter 7

Hunter's Point Of View

I loved seeing Morgan snuggle into Mary Ellen. Mary will be a wonderful mother. I still can't believe she is letting us spend the night. That night, I was sitting on her couch watching tv when she came in the room. She was wearing an oversized varsity football t-shirt and some biker shorts.

"Whose shirt is that?" I ask, jealous. She looks down at her shirt.

"Xavier's, why?"

"Why do you have it?" I ignore her question.

"He left it here one night. Now, why does it matter? Are you jealous?"

"Yes. And I have a right to be, you are wearing another guy's shirt." I say.

"Well if you give me one of your shirts I will wear it." I immediately get up and go to the guest bedroom to get her one of my shirts. As I come back downstairs I see her snuggled into the couch.

"Here, go put this one on," I say as I hand her my favorite t-shirt. She takes it from my hand and goes to the bathroom. She comes out of the bathroom looking down at the shirt.

"This is huge on me." She says. She's right, I look at her and see that it is down to her mid-thigh. It looks like she isn't wearing pants. I notice my pants getting tight. I turn away to go sit on the couch. She walks over and stands next to me.

"Can I sit here?" She's shy, I realize. I open my arms and let her crawl in next to me.

"Of course... Mary Beary." I tease her.

"Why thank you Hunty." She teases back. I smile. We stay like that for a while watching tv and just being close to each other. I can tell she is enjoying this. I think she fell asleep. Her breathing has evened out. I pick her up to carry her to her room. When I get to her room I notice Morgan isn't in here. I lay Mary in her bed, as I am about to walk away she grabs my arm.

"Stay?" she asks. I slide into bed beside her and let her cuddle next to me. This is the first time I've been in a girl's bed and not tried anything, I realize. I can't believe that I'm changing for her. I'm changing my whole persona for her.

That night, I don't get any sleep, I think about everything, from Morgan's future to my future with Mary. I think about Logan and Abby getting married and having kids. Will Mary want kids? Does she want to have the American dream? The white picket fence? How many kids does she want?