Chapter 10

Xavier's Point of View

Her hug was so comforting. That is until Hunter got jealous and made us pull apart. I watched as he pulled her into his lap. How dare he touch her like that.

"Umm... Hunter, what are you doing?" She asks nervously.

"Shh, just... Just please." He almost begs. She quietly agrees. I notice Hunter is practically inhaling her scent. As they are sitting there I notice people are starting to stare at them.

"What are you all staring at?" He yells at them, I see Mary Ellen flinch back a little. After he yells people turn back to their own tables, gossiping about what they saw. I see Mary Ellen and Hunter whispering amongst themselves. I shouldn't be this jealous. She isn't even mine. No matter what, she is going to choose him, I don't even stand a chance.

As I drive home that day, I am angry. I am angry at Hunter for stealing her from me. I'm angry at Mary Ellen for falling for him so quickly. I am angry at the world for my broken clock. And I am angry at me for falling in love with her. I am so angry that I am driving recklessly. I look down the road to see a stop light coming up fast. I try to slow down, but I hit a car crossing the road. Their car spins out of control, while mine lurches into a ditch. I sit there in shock as I hear sirens heading towards the wreck. Some men come over and help me get out of my car. As I stumble towards the road, I see the car I hit. It's Hunter's car. Oh my god. Mary Ellen was in his car! I think as I start rushing towards his car. The men that helped me out of my car try to get me to stop, but I don't. Please be okay, Mary Ellen, please!!! I watch as firemen pull her out of the wreckage, they take her an ambulance that was waiting nearby. She seems to be ok, but she is fighting against them trying to get to Hunter. I break down crying, I scream out. Her head snaps to me when she sees it's me her eyes widen. She gets out of the medics hold and rushes towards me.

"What happened? Did you see what happened? Who hit us? Please tell me that Hunter will be okay!" She balls into my shirt, her hands clutching my shirt as she cries.

"It was me, I wasn't watching. I'm the one that hit you. I'm so sorry," I cry into her hair. She stiffens and pulls away.

"You?" She sounds broken and betrayed. It crushes my heart.

"I didn't mean to, I'm so sorry!" I beg her with my eyes to forgive me. I notice they have gotten Hunter out of the car and on a gurney. We let go of each other and walk towards him.

"Are either of you related to him?" A medic asks us.

"I-I'm his s-soulmate," Mary Ellen stutters. He looks at her with pity. I pull her closer to me to hold her while she cries.

"You can ride in the ambulance if you would like ma'am." He says politely. She nods and climbs beside him. I watch as she grabs his hand gently.