Chapter 13

Mary Ellen's Point of View

When I wake up there is a heavy weight on my waist. I shift and look behind me. I see Hunter snoring softly. I turn around in his arms and gently trace his face. Running my fingers along his jaw, he hasn't shaved in awhile, so there is some stubble. I trace his cheekbones, and nose, down his arm. I look up at him and see him smile sleepily at me.

"Good morning," His morning voice is so husky and deep.

"Good morning," I say sweetly. He smiles and kisses my forehead.

"How are you feeling?"

"Right here hurts," I say pointing to my rib. He nods seriously then lifts my shirt up and kisses my rib. I smile because it does start to feel better. I guess it's a soulmate thing, I think. I smile brightly.

"Why are you smiling so big?" Hunter asks me.

"It hurts less," I say shyly thinking that he will think it's weird. He smiles and goes to kiss it again, making me laugh.

"Where else are you hurting?"

"My head hurts," I respond. He kisses all over my head and face. I start giggling, loudly. We laugh until a nurse comes rushing in.

"Both of your heartbeats were too fast, what's wrong?" She asks as she rushes to us. I try to hide my smile as Hunter answers her.

"We were just laughing really hard." He says, letting his pearly white teeth show as he smiles at her. She lets out a sigh of relief and leaves the room. As soon as the door shuts we burst out laughing. The laughing hurts a little but I ignore it.