9|Smoke

I woke up this morning feeling much better. Lexi's chicken noddle soup definitely helped! Today was the football teams game. Kenzie and Lauren were coming with me. I put on jeans and a grey MTV cropped hoodie. I throw my hair in a messy bun and walk downstairs.

I quickly ate my breakfast and Caleb and I drove away to school. We were almost late today since Caleb overslept. I ran to homeroom. "Ms.LeBlanc?" Ms.Roper addresses me. "Um yes ms.roper?" I say nervous. "Care to explain why you were late?" She says. The classes eyes were on me. "Sorry." I say looking down. "It's alright. Please go take your seat." I nod and sit next to Hayden without even looking at him.

"Feeling better ms.leblanc?" Hayden mimics the teacher. I laugh and playfully smack him. "But i am." I smile. He smiles back.

"Attention all students," the intercom comes on. "due to a nearby fire, there is smoke pollution in the air. We ask you to stay in your homeroom till further notice. Thank you." Hayden and I looked at each other. "Okay students, this is going to be awhile. So make your selves comfortable and do your work for other classes." Ms.Roper says going on her laptop.

Hayden and I go sit in the corner of the classroom on the floor with Caden and Conner. "Welcome to the party." Caden jokes. I laugh. "Has this ever happened?" I asked. "No, but all I know is that we're going to be in here for a long time." Conner says sighing. I lean my back against the wall and go on my phone. I take some selfies and post one on Instagram.

annieleblanc (pretend she's in a classroom 😂)

annieleblanc stuck in homeroom 😕❤️ liked by hayleyleblanc, kenzieziegler and 527 more

❤️ liked by hayleyleblanc, kenzieziegler and 527 more

haydensummerall- Me too!
hayleyleblanc- Stay safe sissy 💓
missjaydenb- I'm stuck with Lauren and John 😂
laurenorlando- you know you love us 😂 ^
johnnyorlando- yeah you love us 😂^^

I laugh at the comments and turn off my phone. Hayden looks at me and smiles. I slightly blush and look down. "Ugh I'm bored to death." Conner said slouching. "Me too. What do you guys wanna do?" Hayden said. "There's not much that we can do." I sighed. "Hmm... maybe we can-" before Caden could finish his sentence, Hayden's phone rang. He looks down at his phone with a worried look. "Who is it?" I ask curiously. "I-Its m-my mom." Hayden said with a voice. I was confused. I knew that he didn't live with his mom, but why is he so scared?

"What's wrong hay?" I asked putting my hand on his shoulder. "My mom hasn't talk to my since I was 5.." he said letting a tear roll down his cheek. I wiped it away with my thumb. He gave me a weak smile and picked up the phone. "Hello?" Hayden said into the phone. "Oh okay. Why now?" Hayden said into the phone, angrily. He ended the call and tossed it. He put his face in his hands. Caden, Conner and I give each other weird looks.

"What's wrong Hayden? You okay dude?" Conner finally spoke up. He didn't reply. Caden leaned in and whispered in my ear, "you talk to him." He said. Then he motioned Conner to stand up with him. The smiled and walked away. I rubbed Hayden's back. "Are you okay Hayden?" I said sympathetically. He lifts his head and it was covered in tears.

"My mom said that I was a mistake." He said. (a/n: y'all I love Hayden's mom irl. this is just for the sake of the fanfic. i love you Tisha!) I was in shock. I gave Hayden a big bear hug. "Trust me Hayden, you are not. You are a very important person in my life. You're my best friend." I said while hugging him. He hugged me back and sobbed. I rubbed his back. "Shh, what your mom said isn't true whatsoever. I love you with all my heart." I said.

I. Just. Said. I. Loved. Him. Oops? He pulled away from the hug. I wiped away his tears and kissed his head. "Thank you Annie." He smiled weakly. "No need to thank me." I smiled back.
----
Are you liking this book so far? I hope so!
Should I add more Instagram posts for this story? Let me know in the comments :)
Thank you all so much for voting and leaving comments! It truly makes my day 😘

Ilygsm! 💕