TOTGA - Her Date

Before she could answer the MC call our attention to formally start the program and to announce that our dinner is ready.

I feel pain in my chest thinking that her answer is "Yes". If she did work in Germany is it too much if she contact me. Are we really not friends anymore? What happened to us?

"Edward, can you get foods for us?" Heaven interrupted me with my thoughts. And when I look in our table I am the only man here. All of the guys get foods for their partners. I just stand up and go to the buffet area but before I leave I steal a glimpse to her. She is all smile while chatting with our friends.

Why I can feel that she is still the same but also new. I have more questions to ask. As I reached the buffet table, I am behind Tanner. I saw two plates with vegetable salad and pieces of chicken. I guess one plate is for Maymay.

I can't help myself from commenting, "Seriously, bro? You are going to give that veggie salad to Maymay? You gotta be kidding me. You will spoil her night." Then I followed it with a laugh.

"Too much concern, bro? Don't worry I will make sure that she'll enjoy tonight." He winked. "Besides, she learned to eat veggies now. For the past years, yes she did." He is smiling from ear to ear as if remembering something.

It is not the smile I get irritated but the way he mentioned "...for the past years,.." So all this time they've been together. Or maybe, they just work together for several times.

As we get back to our seats, I first glance at her. I want to see her reaction when she sees her plate. And I am shock, she's really eating her food without hesitation. So this one is new. I thought I am the only one who can convince her to eat vegetables. Somehow, it made me sad. But my mind is telling me that I should be happy because she is now eating healthy.

"Edward, kumain ka bai. Baka matunaw yung tinitignan mo este yung dessert na naghihintay sayo." Yong get my attention and I started eating. In my peripeheral view I can see that Heaven is not happy with what she is seeing right now but I choose to ignore.

"Ate May, so ano na ba ang nangyari sayo? Wala ka man lang pa sabi bigla ka na lang nawala." Maktol ni Kisses.

"Oo nga May. So graduate ka na right? So saan ka nagwwork ngayon? Bakit ngayon ka lang nagpakita?" Elisse seconded.

Then I heard that laugh. That laugh which is so genuine, pure, and real.

"Grabe girls, dahan-dahan lang. Mahina ang kalaban okay?. Isa-isa lang. Hehehe" Sagot niya sa dalawa.

Then I received a message from Laura. "Hey, are you busy? Can I video call? Can I??"

I replied, "For what? We are still having our dinner." Her reply shocked me, "Hmmmmmm... 🙄🤔 simply because I want to see Maymay again. I missed her so much though I've been with her just last week."

"Oh boy, you have lot to explain sister." I replied and followed it again with "I am dead serious." Then I put my phone inside my trouser.

"Maymay, so do you really work in Germany for a time?" Asked again by Eric. And all of us is in silence.

"What's with the serious faces guys?" She asked. Then she answered, "Yes, I did. I attended a symposium as company's representative and also sideline photo shoot." She replied to Eric.

"So you are OFW pala?" Heaven suddenly ask.

"Pwede mo rin sabihin yan." She genuinely smiled.

"You said, you sideline a photo shoot." Then he smirk then suddenly make a grin. "I knew it! You are that skrengge girl."  Eric said to Maymay. "Hon, remember the girl I am telling you eating barehands? That's her. Small world isn't it?" Facing Cora.

"Yuck! Really, May. You ate with barehands and I bet you are in a fancy restaurant." Heaven and her disgusted comment.

"What's wrong with eating barehands?" Sabi ni Elisse. "Oo nga naman. Mas masarap kaya kumain ng nakakamay." Sahi naman ni Mccoy. Supportive ever since.

"Chill guys, I mentioned that not because I am not pleased with what she did. I remembered that because we copied it. Honestly, the way she ate that time made us all want to eat more with barehands." Eric told us while laughing. "We are all fascinated how natural and genuine she was. Even Akí and Ryo can not contained their happiness as of that moment. Actually, they are looking forward to work with her again."

"So Hon, you are telling me that girl and this very beautiful friend of mine already worked with you, Akí, and Ryo?? Should I need to get envy with what I find out?" But she is smiling so I know that Ate Cora is joking.

"What do you mean, Ate Cora?" Kisses asked.

"Bebe gurl, what I am trying to say those models mentioned by this handsome guy beside me are one of the most successful international models on Earth. Working with them is not easy especially getting their attention." Cora explained.

"Maymay, need to update us. Marami siyang dapat ikuwento. So, Eric do you think Mamay have special someone in her life right now? Nosebleed ako don dre." Nicco said playfully.

That question gets my attention.