The lesbian error

Iris's P.O.V

"Excuse me?" I asked as calmly as I could muster, which wasn't very calm.

"I-I mean.. It's just.." He stuttered.

"Maybe I should go.." Ryan said.

"Shut up, this is interesting!" I heard Victoria yell at him. He is one lucky guy.

"You thought I was a lesbian?" He shifted feet uncomfortably.

"Erhm.. Yes?"

"Are you questioning your assumption?" I said, raising my brow and crossing my arms.

"I mean, I thought you and Victoria.." He trailed off, but I caught on. Victoria and I's eyes widened.

"DUDE WHAT THE FUCK I CAN DO SO MUCH BETTER." Victoria shouted, and I glared at her. She immediately recoiled, and practically melted into the couch.

"What would make you think that?" I asked.

"Well, there's the protectiveness of Victoria around you, telling you to sleep on the couch, getting fake mad. And you also.. Never said that you were friends." Victoria scoffed, and I shot daggers at her, making her sink lower into the couch.

"So tell me something."

"It's the least I can do." He offered.

"Who wore the pants in the relationship?"

"..."

"Helllooo?"

"What."

"Who. Was. The. Guy?" I said through gritted teeth.

"..."

"FELIX."

"Okay! You!" He sputtered, and I tilted my head to the side, my eye twitching.

I heard a chorus of laughter, and my head snapped to the right.

"CARE TO ADD TO MY MISERY?" I said to Victoria and Ryan, who were dying with laughter.

That just made them laugh harder.

After awhile of keeping a straight face as theirs turned red, my grimace faltered, and I burst out laughing, joining them.

I turned back to Felix with tears in my eyes.

He chuckled nervously.

"So, are we okay?"

"Fuck no, you thought I was fucking her. Get out of my house." His face fell, and, while still laughing, I threw him out.

"Awkwaaaard." Ryan said.

"Yeah, that escalated quickly." Victoria added.

"You were right, Vikki, that was a show, but I have to go now. Bye beautiful." He said, giving a small wave. She made kissy faces in the camera, and ended the call.

"So, you and Ryan are cute." I said, traipsing towards the kitchen. She closed the laptop, and followed me.

"I know, but we're not discussing me." I groaned, and she smirked in triumph.

        Felix's P.O.V

Okay, that could've gone better. But at least I know for sure that I have a slight chance. If she forgives me after that.

On my way down from her complex, trapped in a giddy haze, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

Marzia: So, I wanted to see if that whole 'We can still be friends' promise is valid. Coffee?

I texted her back, agreeing, and the next day, we were facing each other at a rather large coffee shop.

"So.. How are things?" She asked awkwardly. I laughed.

"Good. Kind of." I said, taking a sip of my tea. She raised her eyebrow, and I attempted to elaborate.

"Is it too soon to talk slash like other girls?" I asked, and she paused, eventually nodding her head.

"Yes, but tell me about her."

"What? Why?"

"Because I'm nosy." She said, sipping her coffee, and I chuckled.

"Okay, her name's Iris and she's great. I met her a couple weeks ago and things are clicking. Everything seems to be going well, despite the fact that we haven't had an actual date and before yesterday, I was pretty sure she was a lesbian."

She choked on her coffee. She regained her composure, and gave me an incredulous look.

"What." She said.

"It's a long story, but she and her friend I thought were.. Never mind." I said, shaking my head and blushing at my realization of my own stupidity. 

"Felix." She said, placing her hand on top of mine.

"What?"

"You're a dumbass."

"I know." I said, hanging my head.

"It's okay. I don't know her very well, but it seems like she's into that." I laughed.

"Tell me more about her."

"She's American, and she moved here a couple years ago for some big reason that she has yet to tell me. She has really cool red hair that suits her and doesn't make her look dumb or anything. Kind of like red velvet cake. I'm hungry. Do they have red velvet cake here?" Marzia stared at me for awhile. 

"Right. We're talking about Iris. Well, she has a roommate named Victoria who, get this, is dating Cry."

"Really?" She asked skeptically, and I nodded my head.

"Although I don't think she knows who Cry is YouTube-wise."

"Victoria or Iris?"

"Victoria. I know for sure Iris doesn't know who he is."

"Why do you say that?"

"She's not into YouTube."

"What a keeper." Marzia said jokingly.

"She's great though. She just got a book she wrote published."

"Smart."

"Yeah, and she works in a publishing firm."

"Fitting."

"Okay, done talking about her. Done talking about crush to ex-girlfriend."

"I don't mind. She seems nice."

"Marzia?" I said after a little while. Her brown eyes shot up to meet mine.

"Yeah?"

"I'm glad that we're friends. It would've sucked to lose you lose you." She nodded her head with a small smile on her face.

"Felix?" She said, mocking me.

"Yes." I asked, smirking.

"You should date Iris."

I leaned back in my chair, and sighed exhaustively. 

If only it were that easy.