The orange juice insanitation

Iris's P.O.V

I was walking home from the market with ten pounds of fresh groceries. Today was my day off, and I WAS excited. Today was the day I laze around, eating food and watching bad good TV. That was, until Victoria kicked me out so she could talk to her stupid internet boyfriend.

As a bit of revenge, I managed to swipe her credit card as she was ushering me out the door. And now here I am - today is my "big" day off and I get kicked out and go to the local supermarket, spending her money in the process, as revenge.

But, I got some pretty good orange juice, so.. Life could be worse.

I was taking my normal route, occasionally taking sips from my orange juice, and making sure to dodge so I crunched on all the leaves in my path.

I wore a pair of baggy, lightwash jeans and a white, V-neck shirt. I had a pink infinity scarf woven snuggly around my throat, and my hair was pulled back tightly in a ballet bun, revealing my gold, spiky earrings that lightly tapped the back of my earlobes as I traipsed forward.

My hazel eyes darted up to avoid another pushing incident. I rubbed my eyes, and realized that my vision wasn't proving me wrong when a mop of blonde hair wound itself in my line of sight.

"FOREIGN DUDE!" I shouted like we had known each other forever. I walked up to him with a grin plastered on my face, and he finally turned to face me. His confused look quickly morphed recollection. His eyes found mine, and he trailed them quickly up and down my petite figure before settling on my face.

"Felix." He corrected.

"I know." I giggled. He gave me an odd look, and inched forward so we could continue our conversation.

"What a coincidence that you happen to be standing in the exact spot as yesterday. Do you not have a home? Because I find moving without a home mildly ridiculous."

"Who said I had a home?" He said seriously, and then finally laughed a charmingly goofy laugh.

"I was hoping you'd be here." He continued.

"You thought correct." I said, gesturing with the juice before the straw wound its way back in between my teeth.

"And since you helped me pick up all my stuff, I thought I'd invite you to lunch as a thank you." He finished.

"..."

"Um.. Hello?"

"I was the one that made you DROP your stuff." I pointed out slowly. A look washed over his face as he recalled the memory, and he nervously scratched the back of his neck.

"Do you want free food or not?"

"I'm in." I said seriously, and he laughed.

"I need to drop these off at my house though." I said, referring to the groceries. He nodded his head, and we started walking back.

"So.. Why did you move here?" I asked in a form of small talk as we walked. He took one of the bags from my hand, and his icy blue eyes flickered into mine. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and sighed - a sigh that I couldn't quite decipher.

"I've always wanted to move, and I finally gained a stable job that let me do just that. I went on a trip here for this thing, and I decided that it was perfect." He half smiled, and I nodded understandingly.

"So, what do you do for a living?" I asked, and he shook his head, laughing. I raised my brow.

"You have to tell me now why YOU moved here, dumbass." He said, and I scoffed and playfully shoved him.

"Ugh, finee. Well, about two years ago, my mom and dad moved here for my dads work, and I stayed back in my hometown. But.. I.. ah, got homesick. So, here I am!" I said unconvincingly, which I cursed myself for. He raised his eyebrow, and turned back to face the front.

"I feel like there's more.." He said. I watched his face from the side, his blonde hair looking lighter. The way the curve of his lip moved down into a frown. His icy eyes fixated on the horizon, glancing back at me.

I bowed my head in shame, deciding that I didn't like making him frown.

"It's just.. A lot of stuff that's too much for a first meeting."

"Second." He corrected. I looked at him, and he was smiling, and it grew on my face.

"Second." I repeated. I felt his eyes boring holes into my side as he waited for me to add more.

"It's just.. Stuff I'm still working through myself, and I've had time to get over it. I just haven't."

"I get it, it just shook you up." I nodded my head. There was a pause before he said, "If not this time, then another." 

I looked up at him to see his gorgeous smile, and felt stirrings in my stomach as I gave him a wary one in return.