Part 11

Khushi shifted to find a comfortable position yet again. She didn't want to wake him by her constant movement, but it has been 10 hours and it was getting uncomfortable for her. But his iron like grip on her was making it impossible for her to move and relax. She sighed and closed her eyes.

After he had promised her to abandon his work and give all his time and attention to her, he had brought her back to the hotel room, helped her change her clothes, pulled her into bed with him, taken her in his arm, and had fallen asleep.

No matter what, she knew he wouldn't have got a wink of sleep from the moment he had found her unconscious on the road. So she had held him, running her fingers in his thick hair as he slept like a baby in her arms.

He lives for perfection, she knows that. And the last week was anything but perfect by anyone's definition, let alone her husband's. If her asking for divorce had rattled his world enough to make some room for her in his life, then she couldn't imagine how her deciding to leave him for good must have affected him. Well she had an inclination. It had tilted his world enough to reduce him to begging. She just doesn't understand this man. And she doesn't understand herself either. He hurts her so much. Isn't she supposed to run away from him? But she always does the opposite. She always runs back into his arm, wanting him to comfort her, wanting him to make everything right between them. But comfort her he might, but he won't fool her this time. This time she will guide her heart the best she can. She won't be entering into this with her eyes full of hope. This one month will be a testing period. If he can survive this one month without his work than he will be earning some fraction of her trust back. Enough to last a life time. Enough to be in a loveless marriage for the sake of her baby.

Her train of thoughts stopped as she felt him stir in her arms. She looked down to see his eyes flutter open.

"Khushi.. ?" Arnav murmured disoriented. And then like a strong wave, all the happenings of last few days hit him. "Ohh..." his hold on her loosened.. "....my head..." he sat straight. " It hurts ...."

"I know... I will bring something.."

"No..." he held her hand to stop her. " I can take care of it... " he took her hand between his palms. "How are you feeling?" He asked.

Khushi nodded her head. "I am fine..."

"Good....Good..." he brought her hand to his lips, kissing her fingers. "Thank you, Khushi ... thank you very much... I know what you think of me ... and I will do my best to change that...I promise .."

Khushi nodded again, not quite sure what to say to that.

"I haven't forgotten my promise, Khushi... I will make all the arrangements right away... no work, no phone calls, no business meetings ....just you and me.... and ofcourse..." he touched the little swell of her belly..." .... our baby.. " He smiled. "I haven't thanked you for giving me this precious gift, have I?

The love and happiness she saw shining in his eyes robbed her off her breath. And a sudden pain stabbed her heart. Will she ever see that love for herself in his eyes? She immediately scolded herself. This isn't about her. Nothing's about her anymore. It's about her baby. If he can love her baby and sacrifice his work for the baby then that's all she can ask for.

"...well I have this whole month to thank you..." he smiled.

Khushi pulled her hand back and stood off the bed. "I...I will freshen up.. .." saying that she entered the bathroom.

Arnav stared after her. And then he looked down at his palm that had touched her belly. He smiled. A baby. He is going to have a baby with a sweet, beautiful woman like Khushi. Khushi is going to give him a baby of his own. She is going to give him a chance. A chance to be with her and the baby, to take care of the baby, to love the baby, to show the baby and her that he can be a good Father. He isn't capable of loving anyone, or so he had thought, but what he already feels for the baby growing inside Khushi is too strong. Something in him that had died long ago is coming to life, he can feel that. He suddenly felt different, new. He couldn't name the emotion he was feeling, but it felt good. Like he had conquered the world. And it's all because of Khushi. She made this possible. He don't know if he can ever love her, but in this one month, he will lay the world at her feet. He will give her everything she asks for. He will make her damn happy, so happy that the thought of leaving him won't ever cross her mind.

With that thought, he left the bed in search of his phone. Finding it, he called his PA and told him to book two tickets to Seychelles island. Instead of booking hotel room, he told him to rent a cottage instead, preferably one near the ocean. Khushi would love that. Briefing him about his plans for next one month, and warning his PA to not disturb him with anything, no matter how important or urgent, he hung the call.

He sat on the bed, waiting for Khushi to come out of the bathroom.

Khushi opened the door of the bathroom to see her husband sitting on the bed. Clad in a shorts, which felt little tight around her waist, and a large T shirt, she walked towards her husband.

"Khushi..." Arnav smiled and got up. "I have made all the arrangements, Khushi ... We are going to Seychelles island... its a beautiful place, you will love it.... As soon as we had our breakfast, we will go shopping and then leave for Seychelles....Is that all right with you.."

"Yes... that's fine..."

Arnav pulled her in his arm. " I will do anything you ask for, Khushi ... Just tell me what will make you happy, I will do it.."

I would like you to love me. Khushi thought sadly.

Taking a wet strand, he tucked it behind her ear. He bend his head to steal a kiss, but Khushi moved back immediately and gagged.

"What the!"

"You smell, Arnav!"

Arnav stared at her for few seconds before throwing his head back and laughing. "I am sorry ... I will go and clean myself ...be right back..."

Khushi shook her head as he entered the bathroom, a small smile playing on her lips. Just tell me what will make you happy, I will do it.. She sighed and sat on the bed. If only that was possible. He will never love her, and she has finally given up. He is doing all these for the baby, and she is content with that, or so she tried to tell herself. No! She really is. She wants to give her baby a loving family. A Father who is capable of loving him or her. And if Arnav proves himself capable of being that Father to her baby, then she is going to stay. And above all that, she is hopelessly in love with this man. Nothing can change that. No matter he loves her or not, she can never stop loving him. She is stuck with him. If he keeps his promise and proves himself to be a good Father to their baby, then she is staying. Pain of leaving without him is anyways greater than living with him, knowing he doesn't love her. So she has no choice but to go with the lesser of the two devils.

"Aren't you going to change?" Arnav asked as he was getting ready to go shopping.

Khushi shook her head. "No. I don't feel like ..." she said tiredly. These days all she likes to do is eat and sleep. Everything else felt like an ordeal. If she didn't need some clothes, she would have cancelled the shopping plan, too.

"OK then let's go..." Arnav took her hand in his and pulled her in the standing position. "I have brushed my teeth and have taken a bath.." Arnav announced as he dipped his head and took the kiss he was denied earlier. Taking his sweet fill, he pulled back and again taking her hand in his, left the room with his wife.

Arnav looked down at his shoulder to see his wife fast asleep in the moving car. Two hours of shopping has tired her out. He need to ask the Doctor if this is normal. He had never seen her sleeping so much, or getting tired so often. Pulling her to him, he tried to make her comfortable. Their tickets were booked and they will be leaving for Seychelles in 3 hours. He knows it will be very hard to earn her trust after breaking it so many times, but he will work hard on that. He will force her to see that he is capable of loving their baby. He will force her to trust him. She things his work , his business is his priority, and can he blame her for thinking that? No, he can't. He is responsible for making her believe that. But that is going to change now. He will make her believe that family comes first for him. Baby comes first. She comes first.

Hello everyone! So sorry for disappearing without any note. But personal and professional life has been very busy lately, and I couldn't give time to this. But as I got some time thanks to Diwali, here I am. Hope you all like the update. Don't forget to vote.