Part 1

"I want a divorce..."

With those three words, his world had come to a standstill. Her green eyes had looked straight into his. And he had wondered where had the coy girl, too intimidated by him to even look in his eyes, had vanished to? In the place of the shy, timid girl, had stood a determined, unbashful girl- who knows what she wants and takes it away. And that knowledge had shaken the very foundation of his married life.

Khushi Gupta! His wife of 1 year. He had married her because ...well there were many reasons. But the main reason he had chosen her for his wife was that needed a timid wife, who followed his every word, never challenged him.

He very well knows what kind of a man he is. He is unpredictable, moody, unreasonable. And when it was time to take a wife, he knew exactly what kind of a girl would put up with him. The one who was too infatuated with him to see his errors, his flaws. In 30 years of his life, many who knew him closely had often said its impossible for him to change. And he wasn't an easy man to live with. Wasn't his own Mother one of them? And above all, he himself knew what he was. And so he knew what kind of a girl would stay put by his side. Khushi Gupta, his friend, Shyam Gupta's baby sister was exactly the kind of women he needed for a wife.

Or so he had thought. He mulled with a sigh.

But damnation! She was exactly what he thought of her ...till last night. What had caused the sudden change? He mused. Has her infatuation with him faded? Was there some other man now she looks up at as if she will die if he doesn't smile at her? Bloody hell! That was the problem with infatuations, wasn't it? It never lasts.

He still remembered the first time he had met her. Shyam had invited him to dinner. They had strike a deal together, and shyam wanted to celebrate. He doesn't like parties, celebration, gatherings, runs far away from it. He likes to be left alone- that was his celebration. But in a short while he had known Shyam , he had become the closest thing to a friend he ever had. He didn't want to refuse him. And it was just a dinner, nothing grand. So he had accepted the invitee and had gone to his place to celebrate their success.

And there he had seen her. She was just sixteen, dressed in an off-shoulder white. With her big emerald eyes and sweet face, she had looked like an angel. An angel who had looked at him with such emotions that it had made him uncomfortable. A mere sixteen-year-old girl had unsettled him. At 24, and one of the board members of Raizada industries, soon to become the MD, he had many beautiful girls swooning over him. But those women always looked at him with adulterated emotions shinning in their foul eyes. But this sweet girl had looked through those two innocent eyes, unnerving him.

Shyam had noticed his sister staring at him, and waved it away, laughing. Telling his baby sister gets infatuated with every handsome face. And the infatuation fades away as soon as it has danced upon her. But the one with him never faded. And in the coming years everytime they had met, he was very much aware of the two emerald eyes following his every move, as if not wanting to miss his any action, wanting to memorize it.

And so, years after, when it was time to take a wife, he had chosen Khushi. He is a crabby man, and needed a wife who would dissolve in his every mood. Too stubborn he is, and wanted a wife who would follow his every decision without any argument, without questioning him, without asking for any explanation. He is what he is, he can't change. So how to explain things when he himself has no answer?

And there was only one person he knew has all the qualities- The besotted Khushi Gupta. It was a good deal, he would get a wife, and she would get him- what she wanted, his all flaws included.

Or so he thought ...till last night had happened.

I want a divorce! Her words rang in his head repeatedly. Sounding so final. He clenched his jaw.

Arnav Singh Raizada had never known failure. Be it his professional life, or personal life. And divorce means failure. Arnav Singh Raizada was anything but a failure.

And just like that, in a hearbeat, he made everything look so business life, a deal.

He leaned back in his leather chair and closed his eyes. Oh, who was he fooling? Even the mighty ASR has to admit it has nothing to do with success or failure. It has all to do with his little wife, that chit of a girl who made him aware of her presence even without uttering a word. Just by a single look, she has the power of unnerving him. He wants her, by his side. In this past one year , she has slowly slowly become a necessity he can't do without. He needed her in his house, so that when he goes back home, tired, irritated, he can seek some solace in her arms. He wanted her in his bed, holding her, kissing her, making slow sweet love to her. She is the only thing which reminds him that he is still a human, not a machine. She brings some normalcy to his life. He needed her. He needed his wife. He needed Khushi Arnav Singh Raizada.

He opened his eyes, determined. And he will have her by his wife. If she tries to run away from him, he will drag her back, kicking and screaming if he must, but he will. He will give her whatever she wants. He will hear her out, give her time, all the time she needed. And come hell or high water, he will have his wife by his side, forever.

Don't forget to vote!