Part 14

Khushi woke up the next day, beside her husband, his arms around her belly, his face buried in her hair. She smiled. Last night was perfect. More than perfect. He had confessed that she means more to him than anyone ever had in his life. And then he had made sweet love to her, which had moved her to tears. Her life had taken a turn for better and she has a hard time believing it. From the day they had come to this island, she had seen a side of her husband that she didn't know existed. He had been compassionate, accommodating, and above all, seems to have totally forgotten about his work. Which was nothing less than a shock for her. If she needed a proof of his commitment towards her, that was it. He has totally devoted his time to her. He has already proved to her that he can change for her and her baby.

But she still fears. Her hand tightened around his shoulders. What will happen when they are back to the real life? Same business, same meetings, same business trips. What will happen then? Will he again become the man who has no time in his busy schedule for his wife?

She dropped a kiss on his shoulder and tried to stop the unsettling thoughts. She had given him a chance, and he had proved himself. Their time on the island is limited, and soon they will be back to their usual life. Will he change back to the man he was before coming here? But she can't stay here forever even if she wants to. They will have to leave this place soon, and there is nothing she can do about it. But will she always live with this fear? Fear of his work again taking a priority in his life, and she again taking a bottom place?

Before she can dwell more on that thought, she felt him stir in her arms. She pulled back to look into his eyes. He smiled. She reciprocated his smile.

"Slept well?" He asked in his husky voice.

She nodded her head.

Catching a fluttering tendril, he tucked it behind her ear. "And our baby?"

It pleased her that his first thought was of her. She smiled and nodded again.

"Good. Now I think both of you need a big breakfast. I will quickly order something." But before he can act on that, they heard the doorbell ring.

Arnav's brow frowned in confusion. "Did you order for the breakfast?" Arnav asked Khushi.

Khushi shook her head, her expression mirroring his.

"Let me check." He got up from the bed and collected the clothes from the floor. Quickly wearing the cloth, he exited the bedroom to answer the door.

Khushi too got up from the bed and donning her clothes, followed her husband. It looked like whoever the person was, her husband knew him and was having a heated argument with him.

"...but sir its urgent..your immediate attention is needed..." the man in an expensive three piece suit said.