Where am I?

✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

From Chapter 37:

Hannah left the store leaving me wondering what she meant. All I know is that she's not going to make me give up this job. It's one of the only jobs where I can express myself and she's dumb if she thinks she's going to get in the way of that.

✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

Chapter 38:

Shortly after I got off my job, Alex was there right on time to pick me up. He took me someplace to eat and drove me home once we were done. Earlier I was using my phone but the battery died. Now, I was sitting in his car staring out his window.

"Penny for your thoughts," Alex said breaking me away from my thoughts.

"No, nothing special. Just wondering," I stated finally saying something after a long while.

I bet Alex was feeling awkward since he had no clue as to what was going on but I needed to think alone. I don't need him worrying over as if I were a child. I can handle threats and right now I was wondering what Hannah's meant. It bothered me to know that she is going to be around me while I work with her mother.

Haven't I had enough of her?

If I had known that she was going to be involved in this I would've never even bothered to get the job. Right now that dress isn't sounding so cool after all but I've already started on the project and I can't back out. What will I tell Ms. Deblacio? I can't work there because your daughter is a complete maniac.e

Before I realized it, Alex was holding the door open for me and wearing a smirk on his face. He helped me out of the car and instead of seeing my front porch I saw the park off in the distance. I looked at him with a confused face but he just shrugged, grabbed my hand and led me to the park.

"Alex, why are we here?"

"I have something I want you to see."

"At this time?"

"Yes at this time you'll like it, I promise."

We kept walking hand in hand towards Alex's surprise and then we stopped.

"So this is it?"

"Wait, give me a second."

He went into the bushes and then lights were turned on. I stood there in awe staring at bunch of beautiful red flowers. The light that was just turned gave the place a fantasy effect because everything was truly beautiful. Alex finally came out from where ever he was and stood by my side.

"This is so nice Alex," I said hugging him.

"I know. It's the second most beautiful thing I've seen. You being the first of course."

I cherished his sweet words and we stood there in silence admiring the garden. Then, Alex drove me home and gave me a chaste kiss on the cheek before I entered my home.

My home was strangely empty but I valued the time I was going to have alone. I went to the fridge to find leftover Oven Chicken Risotto. Alex's mother insisted that I take a tray of it home the day that I went to Alex's house for dinner. Honestly I loved Alex's mother home cooking more than my own mother's.

I heated the leftovers in the microwave and sat at the dining table. On top of the table were college letters. I got declined by four schools and accepted by two more but it didn't matter to me because I already got accepted by my dream. The future looked bright for me and every time I thought of it a goofy smile splayed across.