Part 4

Kit entered the training room to see the surprised faces of Emma and Julian. "Woah. Kit. I didn't realise you trained." Emma stammered out.

What was going on with them? Kit hadn't known Emma and Julian for long, but he could tell something was up.

Electing to ignore his weird feelings about what was going on with Emma and Julian, Kit walked quickly over to the throwing knives.

"Well, I do. It helps me focus." He replied.

"Okay. Whatever helps."

Emma and Julian left without a word after that.

Ty wanted to talk to Kit. Kit was the only person who could really make him feel better, after Livvy. But she wasn't there to help him anymore. She was gone. It still hurt, even after he had made peace with it.

The training room was alive with the sound of, well, training. Ty's eyes shifted from Mark, to Dru, to Cristina, before finally resting on Kit.

His breath hitched.

Kit looked amazing. His shirt was slick with sweat, making it stick to his torso. His hair was flying around his face like a golden halo, his eyes blazing with exhilaration. Kit's eyes were blue. Not dark blue, like some of the past Herondales, and not blue-green, like Blackthorn eyes, but a light, piercing blue. They were both bright and dull at the same time, which made no sense to Ty, but it was the only way he could seem to think of it.

Wait. What? Why is he thinking this? Is he admiring Kit? Why?

oh.

Oh.

OH.

O H.

No.

No no no no.

This can't be happening.

He can't like Kit like that. Not romantically. It can't be happening. He can't be gay. He can't. Ty was already different enough, he knew that. He knew he was different. Julian always tried to protect him from it, but he knew. People didn't see the world like he did. They didn't hear like him, didn't see like him, didn't feel like him. Being gay was not an option. He couldn't be any more different than he already was. He couldn't.

Dammit why am I doing this?

I should be doing homework but instead I'm writing fanfic and breaking the characters. Nice.