VI. information

Colette was stroking Virginie's hair, waiting for her to come to, when the phone rang. She sprinted, grabbing it with extreme urgency. "Yes, hello?"

"This is the front desk, we have a young man by the name of Corey Hall saying that he's here to see you," Louie said. "He seems like he's in a hurry."

"I've been expecting him. Send him up, please."

"Right away, miss."

Not too long after, she heard a knock on the door. Before Corey could get the chance to knock a second time, Colette burst the door open.

There stood Corey, her long-time best friend. He was well built with sparkling eyes that reminded Colette of the fresh basil that she liked to use in her pesto. He had tousled dirty blonde hair and the perfect amount stubble. His angled eyebrows complimented his heart shaped face. He often had a big goofy grin on his face. He stood before her wearing a thick overcoat, red baseball tee, light blue skinny jeans, and tan construction boots. In his hand, he held a large duffel bag, which held the supplies needed to stitch up Virginie.

Colette wrapped her arms around him, thankful that he came so quickly.

Corey hugged her back, enveloping her in his warm arms. "I wanted to wait until we got in bed for you to jump on me, but this is fine too, babe."

"Shut up, dick," Colette muttered against his chest. "I'm grateful that you're here. Don't ruin it."

Corey chuckled as Colette pulled away from him. "Where's our patient?" he asked, looking around the spacious apartment.

"She's over there," Colette stated, pointing to the couch. "I already cleaned the wounded area but it looks like she did most of the work for us. There was a tourniquet but I don't know when it was put on so the blood loss could still be substantial. She's still out of it so maybe you won't have to give her any sedatives?" She looked up at him with hopeful eyes but he just shook his head.

"I know you're worried about her, but from what I've heard she's had a busy day," Corey smiled, starting to unpack his bag. "I'm gonna give her a little bit so she won't be in even more pain as I clean and stitch up the wound."

Colette nodded but didn't say anything. She agreed with Corey's assessment but she knew Virginie wasn't going to understand. Colette was only acting in Virginie's best interest like she always did.

Corey stood over Virginie, assessing her wound. Virginie stirred as he began to remove the bandages.

"Don't. Fucking. Touch. Me." She seethed through clenched teeth, slapping him across the face. Corey stumbled backwards, stunned by the force of her slap. He understood why she had done it but that didn't take away from the stinging pain in his cheek. Virginie attempted to stand up but fell back onto the couch, her body not strong enough to follow with her resolve.

"Why would you do that me?" Corey whined. "It's Corey, I've come to take care of you."

With her eyes barely open, Virginie mustered a weak smile. "Sorry, Corey. I thought you were..."

"Yeah, yeah," Corey teased. She didn't need to explain herself to him. "An enemy or whatever. You couldn't tell that it was me when you were half conscious? You're losing your touch."

"Fuck you."

"You wish."

"Where's Colette?"

"I'm right here," Colette interjected, clasping her hand. "I'm gonna watch over him."

"Remember, no drugs...I have shit to do..." Virginie requested half-heartedly.

Corey and Colette shared a knowing look. "Just go back to sleep, okay? You need your rest for tonight." Colette assured.