Prologue: Everything seemed okay:

Shouko really scared me. I didn't know bullying her so much would drive her to that point later on. But at least I amended my mistakes. I told her I was sorry. I told her I care about her. I finally granted that wish she wanted since that day on the playground. Where she pointed to herself, then me, and then shook her hands up and down in a pledging position.

"Tomo....dachi?"

All she ever wanted......was to be my friend.....

And it took me many years in the future, to finally understand her....

Now, everything was settled. Everything had calmed down, Shouko seemed happy and the adults seemed happy. One thing that ticks me off a little though is how lately mom is starting to tease me a little often now. What do I mean by that? Well.....////////

"Shouya dear, I want to ask you a question?"
"Yes mom?"
"How's Shouko been?"
"Fine, why?"
"Well, uh, I'm curious about her,"
"Is there a particular reason?"
"What? No, she's your friend, right? It's important for even parents to check on their Daughter-in-la------I mean child's friend!"
"Wait, WHAT!?"
"Hahahaha! Just forget what I said, okay?"
"Daughter-in-law!? Is that what you said!?"
"Daughter-in-law?"
"Maria!?"
"Ooo, is Sho-tan getting married?"
"WHAT!? ○///^///○"
"Is Shouko gonna become my Sister-in-law?"
"Maria, sweetie, she'll be your Aunt, not Sister..."
"MOM! //////"
"Shouya's getting married! Shoua's getting married!"
"What!? Seriously!?"
"Big sis! Oh my god, no, Maria misheard us and---"
"Shouya's marrying Shouko!"
"Shouko? Oooo, you like her?~~"
"NO!"

//////// 💨 and that's just one of them. There was another embarrassing time where.....um......my mom and her mom saw us at our usual spot at the bridge and started talking.

"So, what do you think?"
"Well, my daughter did try to admit her feelings for him a while back, but as the blockhead he is, he didn't understand her, he thought she said, "moon", could you believe that?"
"Seriously? Shouya?"
"Yeah"
"Oh my gosh, I gotta start teaching that boy some lessons on love and parenting soon, 'cause it seems even at school, he can't pick a single vibe on feelings"
"I insist if your gonna teach him about it, why not start early? Boys are silly when they're younger, but then start to get serious and lovey dovey when they're older,"
"Wow! You're actually right! Maybe I should! Besides---"
"You may never know when another buddle of joy will enter our lives!"

And they laughed joyfully and talked excitingly about this RIGHT in front of me and Shouko! "Huh?" Then she sigh languaged me what was going on. I just blushed like mad, my glowing face all red and steaming up with heat! ////// she just looked confused at me as she keep asking what was going on. So that's what mom meant by 'lesson'! //////// 💦 oh gosh.... it's been a long year after everything that happened, but it's okay, everything's okay.