The Bus

I'm sitting next to Lucy on the bus. I listen to her talk to someone else about how she is allergic to pancakes. I tell her about how I am partially allergic to gluten, as we drive up a hill, and Ini makes a comment but I can't remember what it is. Lucy starts playing a song, which causes an argument between her and a senior boy with glasses and wavy hair. Then we pass DJ as the bus begins to drive down a hill. DJ is 6 years old and is dancing to the music and running on the road next to the bus. He rolls down the hill like an idiot. We stop at a bus stop. I walk into the bus a second time and find a seat. DJ sits in front of me. He is 13 now but has a squeaky voice. He explains to me that he and some others had been playing a game where you find a set of letters and see what they spell backwards. DJ had gotten the word "lightsaber". I sit down with nobody next to me and look at DJ's letters. Backwards they don't spell lightsaber because the first few letters are lyr. It's because he's a dumb 6 year old, I think. A boy wants to sit next to me but I don't let him. I say "I'm saving this for someone who's not you". I try to convince AJ to sit next to me by using the Jordan tactic; I pat the seat next to me and say slowly "AJ, you should sit here". To my surprise he notices me, but he still ignores me. I wake up.