8✨

Mariah Clemons 💫

We ended up killing half the niggas that was in that room. They shit surrounded like we twelve, on some 24 hour shit. The fifteen year old, JB, under me and Youngboy's supervision. He really don't need it, because he been chilling and cooperating. When Trell isn't here, I come to his apartment and watch him. Oh yeah, since we busted them niggas and found out it wasn't just a threat, I ended up getting an apartment with Gigi.

"JB!" I yelled. I heard loud bumps and he appeared in my doorframe.

"Ma'am?" I looked at him and sighed.

"You don't have to—YB text you?" He shook his head. Kentrell was out of town doing a damn show and hasn't texted me in two days. I sighed, pushing myself off my bed and walking to the front room after JB walked off. I went to the kitchen, pulling out something to eat.

"I can't stand his stupid ass." I mumbled, rolling my eyes. I calmed down a little because of JB. We found out his mama had cancer and his daddy died, so he just tryna make it. It's just him and her. He goes to see her in the hospital a lot. He told me every time he goes, it hurts because he has to lie. She can't know that he's out here in the streets trying to eat. I didn't know it, but he rarely ever cried or showed emotion. The only reason he cried when I had a gun to him was because he had just seen his mama. He came and sat on the counter.

"I talked to my mama on the phone today..."

"She doin' good?" I ask, giving him a bowl.

"She...She stoppin' ha chemo..." His jaw clenched.

"What? Why?"

"She too far along...She don't wanna do it nomo." He was tapping his fingers against the counter. He leaned over and put his face in his hands.

"My mama dyin' bruh...my mama dyin..." He sat up and jumped off the counter, shaking. He looked like he was about to fight.

"You know what she said to me? She told me—she told me that she tired ah fightin'. You know how that shit felt? FUCK, BRUH!" I didn't really know what to do. I just hopped off the counter and gave him a hug. He was a little taller than me, but he still sank his face into my shoulder. You couldn't even hear her crying, all I felt was a hot tear or two soak into my shirt.

"It's okay." I squeezed him tighter. He let go when somebody's phone started buzzing.

Kentrell 😒‼️ would like to FaceTime...

"What?"

"Ooou, attitude. You answer the phone like that, nah?"

"Hell yeah, since you feel like it's okay to go a whole two days without textin' ya motherfuckin' gurlfriend." I tossed the phone on the counter.

"Baby—So you finna let me explain, or..."

"I don't give a fuck."

"Bruh, I been up to my chest wit' these shows and shit."

"Okay! A text takes two seconds."

"I know, but—I just been running around. A lotta shit on my mind."

"Okay, Kentrell. Go back to whatchu doin. Imma call you lata."

"You mad at me? Bae! Look at the camera." I snatched my phone up.

"What?"

"You mad at me?" He poked his lip out. I nodded, despite him looking a little cute.

"I love you. You love me?" I shrugged a little. He sucked his teeth.

"Imma call you back when yeen gotta fat ass attitude, my big baby. Imma be blowin' ya messages up, you betta answer. Bruh, Daddy blessin' you when I get back, coo'?" His voice got quiet and low, making me blush a little.

"Love you." He added on. 

"Love you." He made a kissing noise and I did it back.

"Bye, Pooh."

"Bye, ma." When the three beeps came, I looked at JB again. He was leaning on the table, with some paper and a pencil.

"What you up to?"

"You'll see." He smiled a little, continuing to write on the paper.
*

Some time passed, and his mama ended up passing. JB was still staying with us because we was in the process of setting up the lead nigga Senior hired. I walked pass the bathroom and saw him fixing his tie in the mirror. He was a pallbearer, so he had to wear red and white.

"You ready?" I said as Kentrell stepped beside me. I was supposed to be staying for the funeral service. I didn't really want to, because I didn't feel comfortable being there. He nodded, turning off the light.

"You goin'?" I looked at Kentrell. He nodded. We all got ready to go and met the rest of the family so he could ride in the limo. When I left to go to the church, I noticed Trell was quiet.

"You okay?" I asked him. He nodded a little.

"Last time I been to a real funeral was when my grandma died. I know how he feelin'..." He sighed.

"Yeah." I reached over and grabbed his hand. He squeezed it.
*

When we got to the church, it was pretty awkward. I just hoped nobody came and asked us who we were. We sat way in the back, and the church was kinda big. JB came up to us.

"Y'all straight?" We nodded.

"You good?"

"Makin' it. Imma lil nervous, though."

"Why?"

"They showin' my drawing." He sighed.

"You got it lil bro."

"Preciate that." He said with a weak smile. The funeral finally started and the picture under the red cloth was shown.

"Oh my God, he drew that?" I asked quietly. Trell smiled a little. After a while, he got up and so did five other dudes, picking up the casket and putting it on their shoulder, walking out of the door. When we went to the graveyard, me and Kentrell stayed in the car. We both jumped when he jumped in the car and slammed the door.

"They tryna make me go with the same nigga that put my in the fuckin' streets! What type shit?" He said angrily in the backseat.

"Whatchu mean?" I asked.

"Since Imma orphan now foreal, they tryna put me with my Uncle. You know what, fuck it. Ion even wanna talk about it right now. Can I jus' go back to one of yall's spots. I need a break from the bullshit." We nodded and Kentrell started the car. We pulled up where my apartment was. When we walked in, niggas was packed like sardines.

"Y'all black asses." I groaned at the gang.

"Mariah, shut yo ooglyboogly ass up." Kd was the first one to speak, playing with Jayda. The whole gang started laughing.

"Nigga, what?"

"You jus' showed yo ass." Ben said, out of breath.

"Kd betta shut his confused ass up. It ain't my fault yo body don't know whether it wanna be skinny or supersized." They all started laughing all over again.

"Fuck you. This dick supersized, ain't that right, Gi?" She looked at him.

"Hand on the Bible, I plead the fifth." She said, going back to what she was doing. Everybody went 'ooooo' and she started laughing.

"Aight, keep flexin' on me like ian jus' blow yo ba—shut up, Kd. Be quiet." He stopped himself.

"Woahhhh!" Everybody yelled.

"You must be pressed." Gianna asked, mugging him.

"He look like it." Kentrell laughed. These niggas are something else.

__________________

Y'all 😩 I almost started texting ole boy but he never texted me on iMessage 😐 he asked for my iCloud then left my shit on Opened 😒 like I'm that ugly 🤔

Comment & Vote 💚💛