23 ✨

Mariah|Riah 💫

"Kentrell?" I said weakly, lifting my head a little from the toilet as he held my hair back.

"Hm?" He answered, looking at me like he was about to throw up his damn self.

"If I ever tell you that you can go in raw again, don't listen. Assume I'm fucking insane, Issa setup." I hiss, feeling another wave of nausea hit me. I've been throwing up all morning, and he's been there through half of it.

"Man, you know imma always be able da hit it raw—but, is you done? You finna make me lose my guts."

"Get out my face." I groaned. He sucked my teeth and rubbed my back. I stood straight up and fumbled for my toothbrush and toothpaste. After I cleaned myself up, I went into the living room and got comfortable on the sofa. I had Brianna and the twins with me today, so I was already tired out. Just as I almost fell asleep, I felt somebody standing over me.

Maybe if I stay still, they'll go away.

"Auntie Riah?" Jesus Christ.

"Yes, baby girl?" I asked in a sleepy, flat toned voice.

"Can I have something to eat?"

"Yes, baby girl." I mumbled, continuing to lay down. After a solid thirty seconds, I still felt her over me.

Well, she needs somebody to cook it for her, stupid.

"KENTRELL!" I called out for him sleepily. I mentally rolled my eyes and called for him again. I heard footsteps coming closer and closer.

"Pooh, I'm on da phone—can you wait a minute?" I jumped up quick, feeling suspect about his tone of voice. He'd usually tell me to calm the fuck down or something.

"With who?" I mouthed, and he held I finger up. I rolled my eyes and got up, sighing. I immediately regretted moving fast when a sharp pain surged through my back.

"Gah damnit!" I whisper, clenching my jaw as I held me back. I walked to the kitchen, pulling out bread and peanut butter.

"Jelly or no jelly?" I looked at Brianna. I always asked, because one minute she want this, one minute she want that.

"No jelly."

"Good, cause we ain't got none." She giggled at me as I reached for one of the butter knives to make her a sandwich. When I laid back out on the sofa, my phone started ringing, making me groan.

Marc 🙃 would like to FaceTime...

"What?" I mugged the phone as it connected.

"Well, hello to you too, sister. I was checkin' to see if it was okay to bring my girl ova thea."

"Okay, but what make you think it's okay for you to come over. Whatchu tryna get to, Marcus?" I sigh.

"Man, I want her to meet you, and Brianna." I held back the urge to suck my teeth.

"Yo, really and truly, I been sick all day so that ain't the best idea."

"Please?" I was cussing this nigga all the way out in my head.

"Whatever, you better hurry up before I fall asleep."

"Coo'." I hung up and started stomping in my seat like a baby.

"Now, what did you want?"

"Nothing now, I fixed the damn sandwich. Who you was on the phone with?"

"Nobody." I cut my eyes at him.

"You do know how many of these I got, right?" I quickly flashed the hand symbol of a gun so Brianna wouldn't see.