35✨

Omniscient 🌍

Fast forward about three months. Michelle Kierra was approaching her fourth month, and life for most of everyone around her was good.

Mariah was passing her classes, Kentrell was learning more about taking care of a small baby, Marcus and his girlfriend was finally taking care of Brianna—and Mariah approved.

As for her and Kentrell's relationship, in her words— "Shit happens."

Today, Mariah planned on getting out the house to do something that wasn't doctor's appointments or English class. She was thinking about how Mini's feet were getting bigger, so maybe they could fit into shoes without them falling off.

"Ooou, Mini yo feet growin'!" She would often exclaim, tapping her foot with her pointer finger. "I'm glad, cause these booties ain't cutting it." She said, sliding the bootie on her foot. The LED flash from her phone flashed, distracting her from dressing the baby.

BD💚: wyd today

The random text from Kentrell made her heart flutter a little. Kentrell would text often, but strictly about Michelle. Don't get him wrong, he was still deeply in love with her—that's just how Mariah wanted it. She was still in love with him, too. Her paranoia just took over.

Kentrell didn't understand why, but the late nights in the studio and planning all those surprises proved to weather at Mariah. She was scared of getting hurt again.

-shopping for the baby

BD💚: let me come

-why

BD💚: cuz I want to buy her stuff 🤔

-meet me at the mall of Louisiana.

She replied reluctantly. Being alone with Kentrell wasn't awkward, but the atmosphere was tense. It took about thirty minutes from their homes to meet up at the mall map.

"Come on ugly." Kentrell joked at Mariah, making her chuckle as he took her place in pushing the stroller.

They found themselves in a shoe store first, looking at the wall of baby shoes. Kentrell reached over his head and picked up the smallest pair of shoes you'd think you'd ever see. They looked almost unreal as he inspected them in his big hands. He sat down with the baby facing him and carefully slipped her sock off.

Mariah eyed Kentrell as he worked with the baby's shoe. She thought he looked good, even in just a white t-shirt and joggers. Even in his simplest state.

Kentrell was doing the same. Every chance he got, he would stare her down. He thought she was looking especially fine today, even though she was just wearing her "Long Live JB #LLJB" shirt and ripped jeans. It made him realize that he had the same feeling for her as he did when they first met. She didn't "get old".

"They ain't gotta fit perfect, she ain't walkin'." He mumbled as he made gentle movements to put the shoe on. "But they can't be to big eitha. Gone be fallin' off and shit."

Adjusting the Velcro or the shoe strings with each pair, together they found a lot of shoes that made the Hardaway, Jordan, and Nike symbols look kind of weird.

"Ian never seen em on small shoes like that." Mariah commented it, running her fingers across the thread of one of the logos. After buying the baby and themselves a couple pairs of shoes, Kentrell lead them to a designer store. En route, Mariah decided to let him handle it, since he was the most excited about buying her some Louis Vuitton.

"Say, you gone be the flyest baby guh in the Rouge." He joked, smiling as he held the small shirt in his hand. The statement made Mariah shift. It remind we her of a decision she had made, but told nobody about.