25 ✨

Mariah|Riah 💫

"Yeah, ion need a nigga--ain't that right, baby?" I bet I looked stupid talking to my stomach and shit. I stopped when my phone buzzed.

👶🏽: appt today?

-Asia going with me

👶🏽: Y

-u didn't answer the phone

👶🏽: And? Tell her im coming

👶🏽: I'm right by the apartments

I sucked my teeth and groaned, slipping on my shoes. I was kind of mad because it was getting harder and harder to put on my shoes. I called Asia, laying on my back.

"Best friend, You ready?" I sighed.

"Kentrell duck ass decided he was going at the last minute."

"Oh...okay. You tryna hang out later?" She sounded disappointed, making me poke my lip out.

"Oou, yeah. I'll text you. It ain't gon' take that long. Promise."

"Cool. See ya."

"Bye, boo."

👶🏽: outside

I got off the bed and grabbed my purse and coat, going outside. When I got to his car, I opened the door and got in, not saying anything. I went through my purse and pulled out some headphones, plugging them in. I put them in and rested my head on the window and closed my eyes. Unfortunately, the doctor's office I was going to today was a little far away. So, me and Kentrell are like...

I don't know what we are.

"I'm sick of arguing bout this shit, Kentrell! Damn, I take medicine, end of story!"

"But yeen think to tell me?"

"You got too much shit going on. I didn't wanna bother you! It ain't no big deal!" I shrugged.

"So, whatchu want me to say? I'm not finna say it's okay—because it ain't." I groaned loudly, flopping on the sofa.

"You hidin' this shit got me wonderin'." I immediately sat up.

"Wonderin' what?" I sized him up.

"What else you hiding..."

"Since you like to wonder—what the fuck else are you wondering?" He looked at me.

"If you been with somebody else." He said quickly. I got up and stood.

"Oh, you think I been wit' somebody else?"

"Shid, done did it befo'." I instantly laughed out loud.

"Wooowww, okay...So you been feeling this way? Get that shit off ya chest." I leaned against the outside part of the kitchen counter as he paced a little.

"I think you coverin' some' up." I sat there, dumbfounded--but still continuting to listen.

"Hmm, I wonder what that is..." I looked at him with a blank stare.

"Ion think that baby mine." As soon as the statement hit my ears, my eyes hurt a little and my jaw clenched.

"Damn, that's deep. Coo', preciate sharin' what's on ya mental." I gave him the warmest smile I could and pushed past him. I had tunnel vision focused on getting to the room and getting a little clothes scrapped up.