Chapter five: True demon

Toriel groaned when she regained consciousness. Frisk was the first to notice, as they ran and embraced Toriel. 'Mom! You're awake!' Frisk signed, Toriel returned the hug, glad her child was still alive, then she remembered her fight with Nightmare. "Where's Auriel?" She asked Frisk, "Miss Auriel stayed behind to help you escape." Betty answered, Toriel stood up suddenly, but instantly regretted her decision to do so. Frisk caught her before she fell onto the ground. 'Dad went there to help.' They signed, Toriel then looked at her hand and was shocked. "Is this...blood?" She whispered, "But, monsters can't ble-" she cut herself off as she remembered what Kurse had told her. (Kurse...) she thought, Frisk noticed that Toriel had emerald green eyes now, instead of dull grey. 'Mom, your eyes are a different color now.' They signed, Toriel looked at her reflection in a nearby puddle. Frisk was right, her eyes had changed color. "If Kurse is there...then he stands the highest chance of defeating this...Nightmare." she said, "How, Ms. Toriel?" Betty asked, "Well, two years ago monster weren't able to bleed, because our bodies were made mostly of magic, with very little physicality." Toriel explained, "But after returning to the surface, and eating human food, we became more physical. Enough to carry blood, it would seem. But Kurse held the physicality of humans by default, so since he's lived here, he's gained a muscular, respiratory, and skeletal system." 'So dad has the best chance to beat Nightmare, because he's more physical now?' Frisk signed, Toriel shook her head, smiling while she did. "No..." she said, "Kurse's greatest strength has always been, his Determination."

-Elsewhere-

Kurse glared at Nightmare, who seemed shock that the Changeling Boss Monster had resisted his own Hatred. He then Summoned Soul Stealer. "So, you think you can defeat me a second time?" He asked, Kurse smirked before answering. "No..." he said, "I don't think so... I know so." With that he vanished, a very large crack remained where he stood, Nightmare went wide-eyed before Kurse kicked him in the back. Sending Nightmare flying. Kurse then raised his hand up, the ground started glowing red, as he used Blood Spear. Nightmare saw this and made a pillar of earth rise up with him on it. "How is he this strong!?" He asked as the Blood Spears shot up from the ground, "He supposed to be weak!?"Nightmare then blocked a homing Blood Spear, before being knocked off his perch and back to earth. Kurse then shot forward. Nightmare seeing this, made an Terran barrier around himself. Kurse stopped in his tracks, before summoning a Blood Spear in his hand. "Why!?" Nightmare asked, "Why is he so powerful!?" Kurse threw the Blood Spear, which pierced the barrier with no resistance at all, and impaling Nightmare who screamed in pain. "How is he so powerful!?" He shouted, Kurse walked calmly towards Nightmare, ready to kill him. A black Amalgamate attacked him, but Kurse blocked it with his tail. Afterwards he used Dark Thunder on the Amalgamate, destroying it. He then summoned a hundred Blood Spears behind him. As Nightmare stood up, after removing the spear in his shoulder. Nightmare roared in anger, as Kurse's eyes flashed red. Sending the Blood Spears at Nightmare, Nightmare started eminating a black aura, as the Spears drew near, the aura burst outward, turning the spears black. Kurse's eyes widened, as Nightmare smirked. But that quickly turned into a look of confusion as Kurse chuckled. "Go ahead, keep 'em." He said before snapping his fingers, suddenly Blood Spears, Bone Blades, and Dark Sabers appeared behind Kurse in the thousands. "There's plenty more where those came from." Nightmare looked scared, Kurse pointed at Nightmare, sending the array of sharp objects at him. Nightmare's Blood Spears were quickly destroyed as the storm of pain struck Nightmare, who desperately tried to defend himself. His weak shield shattered instantly as a Blood Spear and a Dark Saber impaled him. Nightmare started sensing an immense amount of Dark Magic being built up, and turned around to see Kurse in the air...with a fully charged Ragnarok ready to fire. "Die!" Kurse growled, as he fired Ragnarok. Nightmare tried to protect himself once again, but it proved useless. As an explosion that could be seen for miles was the result. The entire area was reduced to a crater. Kurse stood in the epicenter of it all. But Nightmare was barely clinging to life. "D-damn you!" He hissed, Kurse sent a Dark Saber at Nightmare. "This isn't over...Kurse!" Nightmare yelled before melding with the shadows, the Dark Saber hit the ground, but when the dust cleared, Nightmare was gone, Kurse attacked a nanosecond too late. "Tch." He scoffed, "He'll be back." The lines on Kurse's face, stopped glowing red, and turned white. Whatever Hatred he had over the years was gone. Instead, he felt...at peace at last. Like a large weight had been lifted from his shoulders. 'You're filled with Determination.'

And that's done. Sorry if this chapter was shorter, the rest will be longer. As always comment, rate, and leave advice so I can improve, next time, Kurse faces Thanatos, but first, we return to a few stories I've been meaning to get on with!