Ch. 7

STILES POV

Derek was on the field when we arrived casually tossing the ball with a teammate. He was in a deep red uniform and grey pants that hugged him in a the right places. If I hadn't been staring so hard I never would have notice him waving frantically and winking at me.

Everyone was in the stands already waiting when we took our seats. Jackson was at the consessions stand with Caleb on his shoulders. I glared at my friend who was currently buying my son anything he asked for, which was anything with sugar in it. Lydia leaned over to whisper in my ear "Someone's happy to see you" I simply gave her an annoyed look as we clapped for the game that was beginning.

"So I heard from a little birdy that Derek almost kissed you last night"

"Derek has got to stop telling Jackson every little thing" I blushed

"Yeah. I was also told that it didn't happen because you got a call saying I was locked out of the apartment last night" I looked away hoping maybe she'd see I didn't want to talk "Stiles I was at Jackson's last night, so who was on the phone?"

"My doctor. Nothing good"

"What does that have to do with Derek?"

"I can't start something with him when I'm not even sure I'll live to see next year"

"I thought you said you were getting better"

"I lied. I just don't want to hurt Derek"

"You can't make this decision for him Sti, and you can't predict the future" she smiled "Who knows? Maybe in five years you'll be calling me to be the godmother of another child"

I gave her a smile and turned all my attention back towards the game, specifically Derek.

It was the ninth inning, and the team needed one more home run. Derek was up to bat and the entire crowd was chanting his name like crazed fans, including me. Caleb was in my back joining in on the fun chanting and occasional "De-wek" The pitcher sent the ball flying towards him and Derek hit it like it was nothing. He had succeeded in landing 6 home runs that it didn't come as a surprise when he hit another.

"So, everyone down for pizza?" Jackson asked as we stood in the parking lot after the game. The crowed erupted in hell yeahs and approving nods.

"Stiles you coming?"

"Nah I'm just gonna hit the bathroom we better get straight home. You guys have fun though"

Caleb began to squirm in my arms "NO DADDY PIZZA!"

I looked at him unsure"I don't kno-"

"I take him" Lydia perked up " He can play with Alec" I mumbled an okay.

Caleb kisses my cheek before going to Lydia "Love my daddy"

"Love you too baby boy" Lydia gave me a smirk as everyone dispersed into their cars.

The parking lot was empty as I walked back to my jeep. Everyone was gone when I returned from the bathroom so I was the last to leave, or so I thought.

"Sti!" I turned to see Derek running towards me still in his uniform

"Hey Der. What are you still doing here?"

"I got stuck with clean up duty"

"Oh, need some help?"

He smiled a toothy grin and pulled me by the wrist "I think I have a better idea" and we ran back to the field.

When we came to a halt as Derek was handing me a helmet and a bat "This is your better idea?"

"It's not that bad"

"Actually I think I'd prefer to be cleaning"

He moved to set up the pitching machine "C'mon Stilinski take a swing"

"You probably wouldn't guess this given that I seem so athletically inclined" I told him sarcastically "-but I wasn't the most athletic student in high school"
The machine pitched a ball and I didn't even attempt a swing I just moved out of the way. He laughed shaking his head and sent another ball flying at me. It couldn't hurt to try, flinching I swung the bat and missed the ball by a mile.

I threw the bat down "Yeah I give up"

Derek came jogging towards me"Aw c'mon it isn't that hard" he smiled moving to stand behind me "You just gotta feel it" lightly he gripped my hips and pulled my back to meet his chest. Then he wrapped his arms around mine resting his fingers over mine which were currently clutching the bat. I felt my heart pick up and exhaled slowly trying to calm myself. The machine made a clicking noise and soon after a baseball came flying towards us. "Now!" He said and we swung our arms out at the ball. A loud cracking noise sounded while the ball was thrown to the other side of the park.

"You did it! How bout that lap?"

"Yeah I always knew I was a natural" I joked running through the bases.

"Stiles!Stiles!Stiles!" He laughed chanting as I rounded home plate "You're a natural!"

"Well thanks for the taste of victory" I yelled as I continued running out of control. He was right at home plate and I couldn't seem to slow myself down as I rounded third base and I smacked right into him. We both fell to the ground.

"Anytime" he chuckled

"I told you I was bad at this" I laughed while I was still on top of him. He smiled at me, and it was a nice one. We made eye contact and our breaths picked up our hearts pressed together and his face turned a bit more serious, like he was really concentrating on my face, my lips to be exact. He leaned forward not breaking eye contact, and I followed suit. His lips were soon centimeters away and I could feel the warmth coming off of them. He hesitated giving me a look like he was asking for permission. Instead of answering I propped myself up on my elbow and simply closed the gap between the two of us, the next thing I knew our lips were passionately operating together in a fiery manner. His hand came up and splayed across my chest I assumed it was to push me away but instead he balled up a fist of my shirt holding on to me. Unexpectedly his hand drifted to the crook of my back taking up residency there as he pulled me closer to him. Boldly he let his tongue press at the seam of my lips. At my quick award of access he smirked into the kiss while his tongue gently roamed and memorized every inch of my mouth. It didn't make the kiss sloppy or chaotic in any way but more fervent and loving. Our chaste kiss became more heated as both of Derek's calloused hands were now wandering under my shirt with a hint of eagerness to them.

I pulled away and spoke against his lips "I don't think this is a good idea"

"Why not?"

"You know why" I sat up dragging myself off of him.

He sat up across from me "I don't care that you're sick"

"You will. When we don't see each other for days because I'm stuck in the hospital, or I've gotta run out on dates to go puke somewhere, you will care"

"Woah I'm not Matt okay"

"Wow you didn't have to bring him into this"

"In sorry okay. But I'm a big boy Stiles I know what I'm getting myself into. Look I know you're sick, I've come to accept that. But that doesn't mean I feel any less for you. Yes there's a chance you could... you won't make it, but there's also a chance you live. Either way I can't help but think that one day we'll look back and regret missing out on this happiness we have"

"So you're saying?"

"I'm saying who says we have to worry about tomorrow. I promise you I'm fine living in the here and now being happy with you" I smiled nodding my head more than content with his answer "Can I kiss you now?"

I smiled sheepishly "Yeah you can kiss me now"