Ch. 9

STILES POV

It wasn't recommended that I drive after dialysis so while Caleb was with the sitter Lydia or Jackson would drop me off and pick me up later. Today Caleb was staying over at Scott's place, and Derek insisted on taking me, and staying the entire time. I normally would protest, but I didn't mind it. He pointed out that at least we were spending time together. Though it was a weird date, being in a hospital, he made a fair point. We were about an hour in and Derek had been staring at me for a while. I let out a loud sigh when I figure out why.

"Stop it"

"What?" he asked innocently

"You're staring at my moles"

"They're sexy"

"What a weird fetish" I laughed.

Just as I did Jackie, my nurse, came to do her routine check up "Hey Stiles.When will I see that adorable son of yours again?"

"Not sure" I told her. I hated bringing Caleb with me, and he hated hospitals.

She was tidying up the room when she looked down at my half eaten lunch. It's best to eat before or after so she brought in a quick lunch the moment I got there "You weren't hungry?"

"It was a little cold" I looked up and admitted.

"Well the lunch staff is on break, but I'll find someone willing to cut their lunch short to heat it up for later" and she grabbed the tray heading for the door.

I tried reassuring her but she wasn't letting up "No it's fine really"

"Don't be silly"

She left and I could feel my entire demeanor change. Derek seen this too and put a comforting hand on my thigh. I played with his fingers admitting to him "You know the worst part about being sick, is that you get anything you ask for"

"That doesn't seem so bad"

"It's the worst part because they know there's nothing more they can do for you"

"You're getting better though right?"

I looked him in his eyes. And though it pained me I couldn't keep lying "Not really no. I've been sick since I was 12, and I can't live off of dialysis forever" his face saddened and I hated seeing him so upset. I grabbed his hand smiling "Let's talk about something else yeah?"

DEREK POV

~ LATER THAT NIGHT ~

"I wouldn't expect any less" Stiles was feeling pretty down after his hospital visit. I suggested we spend the night watch movies together. This also meant he'd see my place for the first time. We currently were standing in the middle of my loft, Stiles nodding approvingly.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean the dark sofa, black curtains it fits you" he stopped in the living room "I will say I didn't expect the plasma" and he allowed his jaw to drop staring at the tv "What do you even watch?"

I gave him a low laugh as I pushed into the wall and retracted a shelf from within it. The shelf was filled with dozens of movies ranging from documentaries, to sci fi's, to romances. Stiles' mouth was still open as he ran his hands through the collection. His mouth closed quickly when he came to a sudden stop.

"You have like every marvel movie ever"

I moved to stand behind him "If I'm being 100% honest I've only seen like three"

He turned around with lightning speed our nose's just about touching "You're kidding right?" I shook my head "I guess I know what we're watching"

"Do I really have to?" I asked jokingly