Ch. 14

DEREK POV

Stiles and Caleb had been staying with me for two months now. I wasn't letting him go until I was sure he was healed, at least that's what I was telling him. Truth was that I really loved having them there. We had become a little family, him and Caleb were mine, and I was their's. It was becoming normal for me to hear "Papa" being yelled from the other end of the loft because Caleb wanted to play, or he couldn't sleep. It was becoming normal for me to wake up to Stiles, come home to Stiles, make love to Stiles and fall asleep with the man I loved in my arms. But today was different, when I came home Stiles had his duffel bag packed full of his and Caleb's clothes sitting beside the couch while the two were in the kitchen.

"Stiles" I called not trying to hide the worry in my voice. He came around the corner grinning, looking healthier than ever.

"Hey baby didn't hear you come in" he gave me a small yet sweet peck.

"What is this?" I asked motioning to the bags.

He huffed out an exasperated sigh "Der, the doctors told me 2 weeks ago that I was fine"

And I blurted out at him, with more anger in my voice than I intended "So what? You don't want to stay with me anymore?"

"Woah woah calm down okay. You know I love being here with you, and so does Caleb. But with Lydia moving in with Jack and the fact that I don't make that much money and being out of work this past two months. I just can't afford to keep paying for an apartment I'm not living in"

"Okay then stop paying for it"

"Then where are me and my son gonna live Derek?"

"With me" I said faster than Stiles could comprehend "I want you two to move in with me. Permanently"

"Derek, I don't know-"

"I do" I said wrapping my arms around his waist, and his around my neck "I know I love you and Caleb and we're a family, and if these past two months have shown me anything it's that you two belong here with me"

"Derek that's a lot are you sure you want to do this?"

"It's probably the best decision I'll ever make"

"I'll have to talk to Caleb" he said just as we heard.

"Yes! I want to stay here with Papa!" We turned to see Caleb eavesdropping from around the corner.

"I guess that settles it" Stiles laughed.

"Okay then, could you unpack those bags they're giving me anxiety"

It rained that night, the worse thunderstorm we had in a while. We were laying in bed, my body half way on Stiles' has he studied. He was on his fourth chapter when his breathing started to hitch due to me sucking a vicious mark on his chest. I normally didn't encourage Stiles straying from studying but a good distraction was good here and there. He had finally tossed his book aside and I was working my way down his chest when the bedroom door swung open. I jumped off of him so quickly I almost knocked over the bed side lamp. Caleb stood in the doorway staring at us innocently. I learned a long time ago that he wasn't a fan of thunderstorms. I peeled back the blankets knowingly as he ran and jumped in the middle of the bed. Stiles laughed picking up his textbook again. Yeah, I could get use to this.

STILES POV

We were moved in in no time. It took less than a week for Derek to have all of our things brought over. I'll admit I was skeptical about moving in with Derek at first. Not because I didn't want to, I had been there two months and loved it. I just didn't think Derek was ready for a family, but like he had done so many times before Derek surprised me. He would get Caleb from school if I couldn't, and even drop him off on the mornings I wanted to sleep in. He made dinner when I was elbow deep in an assignment and always made sure I ate no matter how focused I was. Derek was a natural born family man. One thing that especially made my heart melt was when we would go out Derek would say things like "my son did this..." and "my son does that..." Derek may have not been Caleb's biological dad, but he was better.

When I graduated college Derek was there, with Caleb in the front row cheering me on, with tears in his eyes though he would never admit that. Laura offered to take Caleb for the night so we could "celebrate" and she made sure to add the air quotes. We were in the loft making out, pretty sloppily I might add, and Derek began to take my clothes off agonizingly slow.

"I'm so proud of you" Derek breathed out in between kisses.

"Does that mean I'm getting a present?"

"I think I'm the one who gets the present. I've always fantasized about doing it with a teacher" I giggled as Derek slammed the bedroom door shut and threw me on the bed.

The next day Derek took me to a surprise party at his parents house. They had made Caleb and I feel so welcomed that for the first time I felt like I had a real family. Caleb had grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins all of which made me sickeningly happy. I was talking to Derek's brothers when he came up behind me with a suspicious smile playing at his lips. His brothers moved away staring knowingly as Derek took my hand.

"Der?" I asked as I watched Caleb run up with a small black box, hand it to Derek then retreat back to Laura. "What are you doing?"

"Something I've been waiting a very long time to do" he got down on one knee and looked at me with a glimmer in his eyes "I think you can tell where this is going so I'll keep it short and sweet. You and Caleb are apart of me now, it's too late you've been carved in my heart, you're my own little family. I love you and don't plan on ever letting you go so will you just do me the favor of marrying me?" and as the past year played in fast forward in my head I didn't need to think. I knew this was the man I was going to spend the rest of my life with.

"You bet your ass" I said trying to hold back my tears. Derek jumped up to give me bone crushing hug, but not before sliding the silver ring on my finger and showering me in "I love you's"

That night we got home and put Caleb, who had fallen asleep in the car, in bed. We walked down to our room where Derek continued to kiss me just happy and content.

We stood at the foot of the bed as Derek kissed down my neck, and mumbled "You know I was thinking..."

"Yeah?" I asked in a heavy breath

"Maybe we could uh, give Caleb a sibling to play with"

I pulled away, a little shocked at first "Are you saying-"

"I think we should have another baby... What do you think?"

I grinned wrapping my arms loosely around his neck "I think we should get started"