The wedding dress

My dress was beautiful. My flowy dress is accented with decorative Greek-key trim and a detachable tissue lamé cape. Crowning the look is a pretty headpiece, metal armbands and gold coin jewelry.

My mother stared at me in aw. I stared back.

"Y-you look absolutely beautiful." tears ran down her cheeks as she said those words.

My body jolted when mother ran into my arms.

"I don't want you to leave!" she wailed.

We stayed in our embrace. We both realized this could be the last time we were ever alone together.

Finally the tailor walked in. Her beak like nose raised in the air with pride.

"Would you like to see how beautiful you look madam?"

I turned around to face the mirror.

I gasped when I saw my reflection.

I was truly breathtaking.

My curly auburn hair was tamed and a braid wrapped around my whole head. My usual pale skin seemed to glow and my lips shined in the sunlight. But what caught my attention the most were my eyes. The green darkened and it had a gleam of happiness in them. My eyelashes made them bigger and brought attention to them.

I turned my head in every angle looking for any flaws.

Just then I felt a hand touch my shoulder. It was my brother.

It was time to meet my husband at the alter.